Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March/April Beers session

Options
  • 09-03-2011 11:51am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right folks, we've not had a beers session in a while.

I'm always wary of pub expeditions in March, because Paddy's day looms like some sort of alcoholic black hole at the centre of the month, pulling everyone into its cheesy, cringe-inducing festivities. Thus, I'm putting a ban on the idea of anything Paddy's-Day related for the next session. Beyond that I'm easy - open to heading along somewhere new again, but I'm in need of suggestions.

As usual, I've attached a poll - vote for whatever dates you'd prefer and suggest places to go to (including food places to hit beforehand, if you like).

What date do you prefer for the next London Beers? 7 votes

Friday 18th March
    0%
    Saturday 19th March
    0%
    Friday 25th March
    14%
    Playboy 1 vote
    Saturday 26th March
    28%
    D-GenerateDr.Giggles 2 votes
    Friday 1st April
    28%
    m@cc@OhThePenguin 2 votes
    Saturday 2nd April
    0%
    Friday 8th April
    14%
    edeldonlon 1 vote
    Saturday 9th April
    0%
    Friday 15th April
    0%
    Saturday 16th April
    0%
    Friday 22nd April
    0%
    Saturday 23rd April
    0%
    Friday 29th April
    14%
    pirateninja 1 vote
    Saturday 30th April
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I can do 25/26th March or 8/9th/15/16th April...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

Friday 8th April
    Have never been to the London meet up, is everyone welcome?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

edeldonlon wrote: »
    Have never been to the London meet up, is everyone welcome?

Yeah, anyone's welcome to come along - if it's your first time coming along drop me a PM and I'll send you over my mobile number in case you have trouble finding us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Saturday 26th March
    25th and 26th of March for me. End of April is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Friday 1st April
    25/26 March is fine for me. I'm going home at the end of April as I don't want want to be in London for the yawnfest that is the Royal wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

Saturday 26th March
    25th/26th is good for me :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Right, I'm pretty much broke until payday, so I can't get up to much this weekend, but it looks like this Friday or Saturday suits a few folks.

Which day do ye prefer, Friday or Saturday? We might as well try and get in something this month instead of leaving it until April (he says, knowing he's not around for the first half of April).

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Friday 1st April
    This is hardly goin ahead tonight is it?

This is hardly goin ahead tonight is it?

Nope, haven't heard from anyone who said this weekend suited them so we'll have to go for another night...will try and get some responses from people and post up whatever date we settle on.

Since last weekend was a bit of a washout, does anyone fancy meeting up this Wednesday? I'll be heading along to the Weasels meet-up, could always have a mini-boards.ie contingent there...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Sorry I haven't checked the thread for a while and I'm low on funds atm, but will be at a beers in the next couple of months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Was just wondering if the March/April beers went ahead - have hardly been on boards over the last few weeks so i'm sure i've probably missed another night out :(

Saturday 26th March
    Anyone up for an ole session next weekend Friday or Saturday?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'd be up for trying to go to a Beers in May, unfortunately I can't this weekend or next weekend because retail is busy during Easter holidays/bank holidays, gah

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

Friday 29th April
    Hiya,

Just moved to London and don't know all that many people here yet so would defo be up for some drinks whenever this does go ahead :)

Saturday 26th March
    It has been a while ! May beers? :P I'm too lazy to start a new thread :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Definitely! When suits people? Can we make a new poll?

Yep, the March/April beers were a bit of a non-starter but there's a new thread here for May, poll included :)

Advertisement