Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Wireless for Dublin

Options
  • 09-03-2011 5:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭

Well searched a lot of internet services and looking for ANY other fixed wireless services for Dublin apart from Digiweb, Ripplecom, IBB/Imagine/Wimax or mobile usb type devices...

Tried all of the fixed wireless companies above waited a week or so to find out if it was available by 2 of them (waited 5 weeks for Ripplecom to come out and tell me it wasn't available) and can't get any fixed services. There is a Eircom phoneline here alright but can only handle up to a whopping 1Mb! UPC isn't an option since we're on their analog tv service (with a digital package) and there is no such cable coming into the house that can get a cable type connection...

I'm using meteor to go at the min and I'm not a fan of the usb dongle, lame data limits and having no WiFi at home since there is 4-5 internet devices connected usually... I know they have a Mifi type device but it's a biggish house and don't think it would be great + There's a nice wireless N router not being used!

But yeah I'm completely out of idea's and it's getting pretty annnoying since the breezemax service got cut off in December!

Any help appreciated, I live a few minutes from Lucan in Dublin if the location helps! :pac: :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Anything possibilites at all to get my wirless router back up and running with any sort of service?

Had a chuckle to myself when i was driving yetsterday and seen a bus that was wifi enabled, yet i cant get wifi at home! what technology is the bus using!? i need a bit of that!

i knew there would be a few things left to add but thought there would be a reply or 2! =/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Dovado router for your Mobile Stick.

Not Broadband. But a decent WiFI router.

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1147

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Hey, thx

Is it possible to hook up the Huawei B260a from three to my normal router at home via the LAN from the Huawei to the WAN of my own router!? therefore using my own router as the main WiFi network!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

-=al=- wrote: »
    Hey, thx

Is it possible to hook up the Huawei B260a from three to my normal router at home via the LAN from the Huawei to the WAN of my own router!? therefore using my own router as the main WiFi network!?

That should be possible, I did it with a netgear modem. It pulled the BB from my modem and just sent it out by WIFI didnt do any DHCP or anything. But if you were going that route I suggest getting one thats dedicated for that purpose, mine wasnt and it was a b***h to setup. Im using a cisco router currently that does it perfectly.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linksys-E3000-Performance-Wireless-N-Router/dp/B003B48UQ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=computers&qid=1300134091&sr=8-1

Advertisement