Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting your music on itunes??

Options
  • 09-03-2011 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey people,

I am in the process of recording my first album with my band. We are unsigned and don't have a manager so we will be doing everthing ourselves. but we have built up a bit of a following on the internet and i know there are people who are not able to come to our shows who would be interested in buying our music.

Just wondering has anyone put their music on itunes and if so what is the easiest way to go about it. Do you have to sell some of the rights to your songs? Is it a long process to get your music on there to be sold? Would appreciate any adive you might have..

Why not?? Stranger things have happened....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Captain Iggy

http://www.tunecore.com/faq

This service is widely used, and all you need to know is contained in link above.

Best of luck with the release!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eoin1981

or try cdbaby.com

it goes from there on to itunes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Or bandcamp, it goes onto itunes too.
    Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

tunecore is good - puts you on most digital outlets

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭auti

Tunecore is great and will get you onto loads of other download stores too. I have used CD Baby and found their customer service to be rubbish and the whole system in general is not the easiest to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I am currently putting some of my Dad's stuff online and am finding it difficult to pick a medium by which to do it. I did however find this link which is very informative and worth a read. I know people want it to be a simple process but I think a lot of research is required and detailed reading of the small print is necessary to avoid any potential heartache down the road...

Open the link at your peril, it will open up a world of new information. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on one of them until I found the link, now my head is wrecked, but I guess it will be worth it if I know I have made an informed decision about it!

Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

I used Catapult Distribution for my latest release onto iTunes. I uploaded everything to Catapult at 5pm one evening and when i checked iTunes the next morning at 11am it was already up. Really easy service to use, can't recommend them highly enough. Although i've also put it on Bandcamp as a limited free release, putting it on iTunes means i'm instantly eligible for IMRO membership as it counts as a commercial release. Not sure if it's the same for Bandcamp?

Advertisement