Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image Editing Questionaire

Options
  • 08-03-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Hi there!

I'll just start off by saying that I've already OK'd this with all the Photography moderators and they think that it's interesting research.

My name is Sean Smyth and I am a 4th year Creative Multimedia student in Dundalk IT. I'm currently undergoing research for my dissertation which focuses on photography and image editing. The ethical responsibilities of the photographer and what is considered to be too much editing are areas that I'm looking at for the final dissertation.

I ask that you take a few short minutes out of your time to help me with me research and take a short survey. I'm going to give ye the results of the survey when I've gathered together the data in a few weeks.

The data is completely confidential and will be used to help shape my dissertation and find out what people's general opinions on editing are.

If you think there are more questions that I should include or thoughts and queries, please fire them my way.

||| Survey here |||

Thank you for your time,
    Sean

(to save you looking for the images in the survey links, they are here)

First Image

5509460158_182a42e012.jpg
    PhotoEditingSurvey by imLOSTirl, on Flickr

Second Image

5508861335_6b49b77287.jpg
    PhotoEditingSurvey by imLOSTirl, on Flickr

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just one comment - it might be an idea to put in 'page 1 of X' on the survey so people know how much longer the survey will take; if you don't know how long, you might give up after a few pages thinking it's much longer than it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

just one comment - it might be an idea to put in 'page 1 of X' on the survey so people know how much longer the survey will take; if you don't know how long, you might give up after a few pages thinking it's much longer than it actually is.

Good suggestion, will do :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Yeah - an interesting survey, made me think a lot about my own views.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Done.

It's short and sweet.

Just one pointer: The images aren't attached within the survey, I had to copy and paste the link into a new tab, some might not bother and move on.

Just one pointer: The images aren't attached within the survey, I had to copy and paste the link into a new tab, some might not bother and move on.

I know, that's one of the problems with google docs. Can't even make them links unfortunately. I prob shooooould move to survey monkey or something but I quite like google doc's setup.

Thanks for doing it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

No worries. It's just I was a little confused for a sec when trying to click the link to view the attachment. But then, I'm easily confused :D

Figured out that i had to c&p it into a new tab window.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

Done. I wouldn't expect these images to attract much controversy though. If you include edited images from the likes of a war scene, political protest, fashion model etc.you might get completely different reactions than you will to these images.

hmboards wrote: »
    Done. I wouldn't expect these images to attract much controversy though. If you include edited images from the likes of a war scene, political protest, fashion model etc.you might get completely different reactions than you will to these images.

Great, much appreciated! :)

Yeah, I see what you are saying completely. I've researched into the editing of historical photos such as in Soviet Russia. Rest assured though, the more controversial stuff is definitely being covered in the completed piece.

I've a good few responses already lads, but I'd love to keep pushing this for a few days and get loads involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

If you've not taken the survey yet.. then why the hell are you reading this far down the thread? Knock it off & go back up there ^^^^ and take the survey already!

That being said. I didn't read on before taking the survey, and some people had already touched on things that I'd commented on in the survey.

Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Done. Good luck with the studies/assessments.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Done, well constructed survey & questions. Look forward to see the results

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Done.........