Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kapow! Comic Con

Options
  • 08-03-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Is anyone going to this? Who are ye looking forward to seeing etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

If people are going to spend the money going to London for a comics show they are better waiting a few weeks and going over for MCM which is ten times the size of Kapow.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciara471

Didn't know about this when I bought my Kapow ticket :( Also, it's only the first year of Kapow, it's only a baby. Maybe in a few years it will be bigger.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm going to be in NY when Kapow's on so I won't be able to make it there (though I will be able to make it to MoCCA which makes me very happy indeed). I hope you have a good time there, I'm curious to see how it goes.

To my mind they've made a few odd decisions for a first-time con in Central London (namely, the pricing on tables for small press people and the refusal to have tickets on the door) but in saying that they might do well - they've got some interesting guests and, while "multimedia cons" aren't my thing (I'm not interested in cons for teaser trailers or the like, I'm generally there either to check out comics or to go to a specific talk) they may well pull in a good audience.

Advertisement