Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Book Monza

Options
  • 08-03-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Just booked Monza.

Flying out with AerLingus on Thursday 8th and back Sunday evening with Ryanair.

Staying in Milian in 4 star hotel beside the central train station.

Got tickets for Grandstand 6C http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMCWRP0gUS4&feature=related . Excellent tickets, but expensive. I was in Monza in 2009 and had totally crap tickets. They ruined the entire weekend.

Flights and hotel were €380 in total. Tickets were €435. OUCH, but feck it. Any half decent ticket was about €250 and your not guaranteed a good place in the stand at that

Anyone else planning a trip this year to a Grand Prix ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

thegoth wrote: »
    Anyone else planning a trip this year to a Grand Prix ?

Wouldn't mind heading to Monza but not sure if ill have the funds at those kind of prices! I am booked for the Spanish GP so cant wait for May to roll around. Might try and get to a second race or a MotoGP though as well.

If anyone is planning on a non GP to attend I'd recommend the Le Mans 24 Hours. I went in 2009 and it was the best racing weekend I've ever had!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Le Mans. I have been thinking about that. Looks like a great weekend. Beer, BBQ, Music and fast motor cars :-)

Le Mans. I have been thinking about that. Looks like a great weekend. Beer, BBQ, Music and fast motor cars :-)

I've been to a lot of different race series but the atmosphere at Le Mans was incredible. Getting to walk down the pitlane and seeing all the cars close up was an amazing experience. I would definitely say that its a race that every fan should go to at least once.

And its dirt cheap, tickets are about €75 for the weekend and gave access to the full circuit, including the Mulsanne straight. We also got a free DVD review and could get into the museum for free. There's concerts and festivities in town and you can stay at some great campsites for a tenner a night.

All in what more could you want!

Where do you have the grandstand tickets for in Spain. I thought about spain, but i THINK that getting a good seat might be hit and miss. Loads of good places in the grandstands, but the grandstands are so big, it all depends where your tickets are. I really think FOM should let people pick their actual seats not just the grandstand when booking

Where do you have the grandstand tickets for in Spain. I thought about spain, but i THINK that getting a good seat might be hit and miss. Loads of good places in the grandstands, but the grandstands are so big, it all depends where your tickets are. I really think FOM should let people pick their actual seats not just the grandstand when booking

I just went for the general admission, money is too tight to pay for a stand ticket! I've always preferred GA tickets anyway so it worked out pretty well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭tommiejoie

I really think FOM should let people pick their actual seats not just the grandstand when booking

AFAIK ticket selling is nothing to do with FOM but is down to the individual promoter/circuit. I do know for places like Monza, if you deal with the official circuit ticket vendor instead of a reseller, they will try to accommodate a specified seat number on request.

I agree though, grandstand tickets can be very hit and miss. I went to Monza in 2010 and went for a stand ticket (although the cheapest ones) which was OK. Unfortionaly the GA vantage points aren't great. Compared to Silverstone's GA which is fantastic (pre-redevelopment anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'd like to go to a race this year but I've nothing booked as yet. Again the most likely suspects for me would be Spa or Monza, however I'm due to run a half marathon the weekend after Monza so I know going to either of those races will mess up my training schedule.

Half considered Silverstone and even thought about Singapore or Abu Dhabi. However money is tight at the moment so I won't be booking anything for a while.

Having said that, it will feel weird not going to Monza. Been there the past two years in a row :)

Just after getting sorted with a trip to Donington for the World Superbikes in two weeks time. Same weekend as Melbourne so thank God that they're in different timezones!

Was there at the end of last year. You MUST go to the museum. It was one of the most enjoyable 90 mins I ever spent

Was there at the end of last year. You MUST go to the museum. It was one of the most enjoyable 90 mins I ever spent

Definitely intending on getting to it but I'm only over for the Saturday and Sunday so I'm not sure when I'll be able to make the time. I've booked a late flight for the Monday afternoon so might squeeze it in that morning. I remember seeing your pictures from it, the place looked class!

• Advertisement
Advertisement