Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card stamp duty - when?

Options
  • 08-03-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭

hi
    when is the credit card stamp duty being charged?
    is it in arrears or advance?

i want to close down my card soon but would like to cancel just before the next business year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

its sometime in april as far as i know. best to call your bank and ask the specific date will be cause each bank will debit accounts on different dates

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Usually first week in April €30 for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

hi
    when is the credit card stamp duty being charged?
    is it in arrears or advance?

i want to close down my card soon but would like to cancel just before the next business year.

The Duty is charged on a calendar year, and paid in arrears, so next month, they will charge you the 2010 stamp duty, and as soon as you closed the account, they will charge the 2011 stamp duty, assuming you had any activity on the card this year.

If you want to get value for your money with respect to the 2011 duty, closed the account mid-late December.

Advertisement