Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2

Options
  • 08-03-2011 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Oh my god, this is one of the best games I have ever played in my life. Kinda new to the 360 online thing, but when I tried Halo 2 online it didn't work at all. And do you need 360 membership to play all online games? If so then it's quiet the JIP.

But the game is just unreal! I passed it and immediately started replaying in a more difficult level.

Peace :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

The servers were shut down for Xbox Original games so online MP with Halo 2 is no longer possible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

You missed out my friend, truly. Halo 2 was damn near perfect, and I was privileged to play on until the bitter end.

You could still try to get online with:

http://www.xbconnect.com/

or

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

However I haven't used these myself and people say its a poor substitute for live. But if you desperate to play...

Halo 2 was feckin' brilliant, online and off. If you put aside the
    ****ty cheap cliffhanger ending, it was pure brillince in gaming. The whole Xbox Live thing had really only been out for a while and wasn't too popular till H2 came long, and it singlehandedly made it massive. Brilliant maps, excellent weapons, solid matchmaking, and really innovative gameplay all just came together almost accidentlly to make it one of the best online gaming experiences i've ever had to this day.

I think it was the moment in the single player after i grabed a rocket launcher, barraged the sh1t out of a 50 foot tall spider-robot that was rampaging around some city streets, and then jumped on board it from above, fought my way through it's whole crew to it's engine room, and overloaded it's core and blew it the f*ck up.

I just sat back and went "ok, this game is something special".:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Halo 2 was a ****ty single player game. I'm not sure what the hell Audrey 2 from little shop of horrors was doing in the game or what the hell it had to do with the crappy story but not having Audrey 2 sing was criminal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The best way to play Halo 2 online is simply just to use the PC version - more or less IS almost an Xbox game; achievements unlock and tranfser to your gamertag, the multiplayer is still active; and it uses the 360 controller. Finished Halo 2 again very recently that way, had great fun playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

So, you can play Halo 2 online on the pc? Are the additional map packs downloadable for free or do you have to pay?

Is there many online pc gamers on this right now?

So, you can play Halo 2 online on the pc? Are the additional map packs downloadable for free or do you have to pay?

Is there many online pc gamers on this right now?

Yup. Still fairly healthy too, had no problem getting into a full server every time I went to play the game. Not sure about map packs to be honest. I just played about 100 games on coagulation, love that map. I wish they would release that for Reach/Anniversary....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Will the Vista version play on Windows 7? Or is there another version available?

Will the Vista version play on Windows 7? Or is there another version available?

I'm playing on Win7 so yup!

Advertisement