Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrought iron gates

Options
  • 08-03-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, I'm looking to install wrought iron gates, and was thinking of automating them...under or over ground.
    Firstly, I'm getting quotes with nearly 2k in the difference for automating the gates and I'm not sure if the cheaper ones are just bad quality gates with shoddy automation or if the dearer ones are just trying to stiff people, taking into consideration that you can buy reputable kits online for 800euro and install it yourself(I'm not able to do this unfortunately).
    Any opinions?
    Secondly, we live in a fairly windy wet area, so the gates would have a lot of windforce coming through themand the ground is quite wet-would that affect the automation?
    Thirdly, we have wooden posts hanging-would they hold up wrought iron gates?

Advertisement