Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40 - Any good?

Options
  • 08-03-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi there,

I'm looking to upgrade my soundcard from an MBox2 to something with more inputs/outputs. I'm running off a MacBook Pro, and using Ableton (switched over from ProTools a couple of years ago).

I'm considering the Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40 - cheaper than the Avid options and looks pretty good. Anyone got any experience of it, is it a good buy do you think?

http://www.xmusic.ie/Focusrite-Saffire-Pro-40-p-26554.html

Tnx, Gav

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

It's the same as what you have except it has more i/o and a couple of plug-ins and samples.

I kinda fancy this thing : http://www.mackie.com/products/onyxblackbird/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

I own one for a Windows based machine and I think it is a great piece of kit.

The routing software you get is very good. Preamps are nice. Having the two headphone outputs is handy on top of the monitor outs.

If I was offered another one to expand my setup top 16 channels I would take it. At the moment I have a Behringer ADA8000 plugged into the Saffire.

I think it is a great piece of kit. I don't know about the Mackie but as far as I am concerned the Focusrite is the best of the bunch in this catagory.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gavtim

Thanks Studiorat, I'll check out a couple of reviews on the mackie option there..

And cheers for the reassurance bbk, yeah they seem to be good preamps, and liking the meters on the front etc. Thinking I'll probably go for it, and if I feel like I need to use ProTools for a recording session down the track, I'll upgrade to ProTools 9 so I can use the Focusrite interface (Focusrite I/O and ProTools upgrade still work out way cheaper than getting an AVID I/O eg 003)

Tnx G

Advertisement