Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mph still on the clocks

Options
  • 08-03-2011 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

I know officially Ireland's gone metric well roads signs and petrol stations have yet today while pushing trolleys in the car park know such fun, i saw a good number of 05 up to '11 irish registration cars with Mph dominant speedometers, now I know it's not illegal to have a car with a Mph dominant speedo, but I thought all cars from 2005 were required to have a Km/h only or a Km/h dominant speedo, so how do these cars have Mph??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

English imports

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

I thought that too but I asked a owner with a '11 car and he said he asked the dealer for them to be put on the car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

A bit off topic but if I saw somebody looking in my car window. I would be questioning that persons motive, as would most!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

skodacb wrote: »
    I thought that too but I asked a owner with a '11 car and he said he asked the dealer for them to be put on the car
    It is possible, but it's a lot more likely that the car's a UK import.

A bit off topic but if I saw somebody looking in my car window. I would be questioning that persons motive, as would most!

I wasn looking directly but ya can see most speedos from 5 yards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I'd say the vast majority of the cars you saw were imports. The guy you asked was a rare case. My aul wan (who drives an 09 auris with mph dominant dial, a uk import actually) still talks in mph, but I reckon if she was buying brand new she'd accept and learn kph. That guy obviously didn't wanna learn the kph version of the speed limits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Or 4.572 metres, to be post-2005 about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,113 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I told you a thousand times not to be exaggerating.... :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Lots of car enthusiasts look into the cabs of cars to study the dash, don't see why someone should make a big deal of it.

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Or 4.572 metres, to be post-2005 about it. :)

i suppose its bad to be 23 years old and still think in the old measures lol, I can't make hide nor hair of these metric booby traps

• Advertisement
Advertisement