Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to save 8k?

Options
  • 07-03-2011 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

I have 8 k to save where should i put it.I was thinking BOI or the Credit Union as i have account with these already,would it be safe here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

More detail please.

Do you want to have instant access to it? can you do with ut it for a year or more? Is it money you want to gamble a little with? i.e. Shares, stocks or gold maybe? Interest rate should go up soon so try get something where the savings interest will go up too. Maybe you have a mortgage & could pay it off that ?

Good luck & save well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have you a mattress;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

tommy26 wrote: »
    I have 8 k to save where should i put it.I was thinking BOI or the Credit Union as i have account with these already,would it be safe here?

Do you need instant access?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Conflicts

I invested 7500 in silver last April. Its now worth 14500.

You could consider precious metals, you get a better return than the couple of percent the banks give you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Conflicts wrote: »

You could consider precious metals, you get a better return than the couple of percent the banks give you.

how would u go investing it in sliver cus ive money id like to save as well

• Advertisement

I got it from GoldCore based in Dublin 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

Conflicts wrote: »

Do they hold it for you or how does it work?

I got silver certs from the Pert Mint in Australia through GoldCore.

They will charge you 1% extra if you want physical silver but you need to store it then.

Advertisement