Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCU launches it's new website - www.cricketleinster.ie

Options
  • 07-03-2011 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

The LCU has now launched it's new website at www.cricketleinster.ie

All player registration, starrings, results, scorecards (for all competitive mens matches) and everything else you can think of will be on the site as the season gets going.

We're still de-bugging for the next few days, so some functionality may not be there. Post here if you find any bugs.

Comments directly on the site welcome as well - we need to test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Looks good assume each club will have some way to login and add starrings and upload result cards ?

Haven't found any bugs only comment I have is adding clubs website addresses aswell as contact detail would probably be a good addition

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Renno

There's a pretty extensive back end that clubs will be able (or be told to!) use that will enable them to fill in their players, starrings, results, scorecards etc.

All login details will be distributed once we've finished testing this week.

More details will also be revealed shortly with the options for clubs to fully utilise the site in their best interests. A full listing will be available - check out the Merrion and Leinster pages, which include every detail about the club you can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Great work Renno! The site looks really good.

I am also a big fan of the fantasy league.

But I feel a bit hard done by with my valuation! I know I missed last season and will probably be out of the country for most of this season, but 100k!!! :D

Also it should be mentioned that a search in google for cricket leinster finds the offical site only as the 9th link on the search so the developpers really need to tweak the metatag data for better search engine optimisation

and a search for Leinster cricket union only find the site at the bottom of the second google page

randomer wrote: »
    Great work Renno! The site looks really good.

I am also a big fan of the fantasy league.

But I feel a bit hard done by with my valuation! I know I missed last season and will probably be out of the country for most of this season, but 100k!!! :D

Can't take any credit on this - webtogether.ie were the developers, and a few of us were getting everything together. I'd rather pay 100k for you than 1.5m for me - I'm not even playing!
    D3PO wrote: »
    Also it should be mentioned that a search in google for cricket leinster finds the offical site only as the 9th link on the search so the developpers really need to tweak the metatag data for better search engine optimisation

and a search for Leinster cricket union only find the site at the bottom of the second google page

Give them a chance! It only went live yesterday evening, so will take a while for everything to be indexed. Hopefully will move up soon (although not above Leinster CC ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Renno wrote: »
    Give them a chance! It only went live yesterday evening, so will take a while for everything to be indexed. Hopefully will move up soon (although not above Leinster CC ;))

Given that the site has only been live for a few days, I would be quite happy with the current position. Give it a month, without any changes, it will make it to the top of google for Leinster Cricket.

Renno wrote: »
    There's a pretty extensive back end that clubs will be able (or be told to!) use that will enable them to fill in their players, starrings, results, scorecards etc.

All login details will be distributed once we've finished testing this week.

Logged on and checked out the back end yesterday. Impressed, the Contol Panel is pretty simplistic in terms of use which given the standard level of IT knowledge most club administrators are likely to have is a good thing :p:p

one thing that would be good to incorporate / program into the site if possible (or as a futuere enhancement) is the ability to perhaps import player registration data into the control panel. Perhaps the ability to import the detail from a .CSV format ?

good work Renno

I've been in touch with all clubs asking them to send me a list of as many players as possible for this year. This will be uploaded to the site for them.

In future years, the players from the preceding year will still be on the system, so there'll only be a need to add new players. We'll probably delete all players who didn;t play in the preceding year to keep the database tidy

Advertisement