Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook IAO connection

Options
  • 07-03-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

There is a theory that when the IAO project was shot down by congress for some completely insane proposals, the CIA, I think, who were running it, re-tooled it as facebook. For example two CIA people sit on the board of directors of Facebook. Peter Thiel, if I remember his name correctly, is an extreme right wing business entrepeneur who put up a substantial amount of funding and has conncetions with the CIA. Given the amount of data it collects on its users there is apparently a strong case to be made that it is a CIA surveillance operation. Also is anyone else annoyed that you are now forced to link you google account to your youtube account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

There is a theory that when the IAO project was shot down by congress for some completely insane proposals, the CIA, I think, who were running it, re-tooled it as facebook. For example two CIA people sit on the board of directors of Facebook. Peter Thiel, if I remember his name correctly, is an extreme right wing business entrepeneur who put up a substantial amount of funding and has conncetions with the CIA. Given the amount of data it collects on its users there is apparently a strong case to be made that it is a CIA surveillance operation. Also is anyone else annoyed that you are now forced to link you google account to your youtube account?

You're not forced to. I haven't for example, I'm sure many others haven't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

squod wrote: »
    You're not forced to. I haven't for example, I'm sure many others haven't either.

ah I can't actually log into my account without selecting one of the three options presented which all involve linking/setting up a gmail account. I have a gmail account but I'm also a proud yahoo user, I want to use my yahoo account with youtube just as it is.

Anyway here is a spooky link

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10456534

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Many of us think FB is a CIA front and a VERY BAD PLACE TO BE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭danger man

maybe FB is selling users info to the likes of cia nsa and use things Engagement Adsas cover
    http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/facebook_sells_your_data.php

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-20019867-36.html

i think google is the big player,google say they can predict the future.
    how? by spying, every click ,serch, link, loged .they no how we think.they no what we like and dont like ,they new fine well the middle east was boiling over .thats why the brits were running around trying to sell arms to middle eastern countries weeks before fighting all started.

http://lastwatchdog.com/google-nsa-collaboration-draws-alarm/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/03/AR2010020304057.html

http://www.carlitos-amsel-vom-holunderstrauch.net/texte/googlealsciansafront.html

heres some info on google they have allways been NSA its a spy ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

It's been known for a while that facebook is a CIA database, instead of having to collect data on people, people offer it up voluntarily, then thinking private messages are private etc is just ridiculous.

It's an intelligence gathering tool that works well, personally I hate it, every tom,dick and harry has a facebook profile with bullsh1t about themselves, but from this everyday bullsh1t a lot can be learned about a person or family member.

Although having said that there is no such thing as privacy on the net, spyware and trojans are easily inserted to ANY victim computer, with ANY antivirus software installed.

Getting back to facebook, a mate of mine a couple of years ago suspected his then GF was up to something, history always deleted etc, so he asked could I help him, I was a bit iffy about doing it but did anyway.
    I had his wep key, well even if I didn't I could have got it easily.

I loaded backtrack 3 onto a laptop and had a high gain antenna 500mW in the usb, plugged the laptop into the cigarette lighter of the car.
    I connected to the network, used ettercap and sslstrip and just left it running in the car outside his house, we went in for a cuppa and his GF was there all chatty, lovey dovey, we said we were going off for an hour or 2 in another car, and off we went.

When we got back we looked at the attacking laptop in the car to see what we had, I just pointed and said there you go, there was a list of 16 sites (about 4 facebook profiles, various dating sites, forums, messenger, etc) with user names and passwords that she was using.

I did my bit and he wrote them all down, later he logged in to them all and found a whole different side to Ms2face or should I say 6face.

She was a dirty slut, the sh1t she was up to was heavy, he even discovered that a so called mate with his own GF was lashing her out of it.
    I had a field day on it TBH, I was also looking and the amount of info she gave out was a complete profile, a bit to him, another bit to her friend, another to someone she liked to have intimate chats with in NZ, semi nude pics sent and recieved the works.

Even here I'd say a fair few have access to all PM's (Private messages:rolleyes:), be it Dev(il), his trusted underlings, irish intelligence agencies, actually any intelligence agency that wanted to read any members pm wouldnt be a problem.

Even on my iphone I have pirni pro, a network sniffer, hasn't got https capabilities yet, but can sniff out a fair few sites/usernames/passwords that run through any wifi network its connected to.

EDIT:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Depends on what level of Information you gave them when you Signed up.

My friends have it all linked to their FB PAges and have posted a lot of peosonal information, so the Youtube account can identify a real person

My Yahoo account has my Nickname, one letter for a Surname, 11011 as my Zip code and Crossathabog, Skiddlymuck as my address, it also linked to a defunct Hotmail account. I established it in 1996 and still use the Yahoo classic format.

I get shut out regularly and when I log in the keep trying to get me to update so I can use the new 'features'

But I value my privacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭danger man

you are forced.its been telling me to link with google for 4monthS iv been skiping it,2 weeks ago it would not let me log in untill i link it..FORCED TO LINK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Happened to me to. I managed to use an old yahoo account to login. Persist and you'll find a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Depends on what level of Information you gave them when you Signed up.
    Dont be too sure!!

If they find out info about you THAT YOU DIDNT ENTER,they will add it to your profile!! (Happend to a couple friends of mine on there)

just looked, Yep, an Ex of mine set me up on FB Years ago, I had a look, they have a ****load of info I never gave them, So I deactivated the account, but it dosent seem possible to delete it :( I have removed as much information as I could

Just Rejigged my Yahoo to make it even more anon, everytime I change pages it asks me to enter my password, apparently if I link it to Facebook this goes away :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

just looked, Yep, an Ex of mine set me up on FB Years ago, I had a look, they have a ****load of info I never gave them, So I deactivated the account, but it dosent seem possible to delete it :( I have removed as much information as I could

I don't know what you tried, but this might work. Typically you just deactivate it, and no-one can see your messages or interact with you until you sign up again, but this way you can properly delete it apparently. Takes two weeks though, and if you sign on in that period of time you have to start over.

thanks, account deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

6 things social networking sites need to stop doing is a funny but also interesting article which includes some talk about deleting Facebook profiles which you might find useful

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8Xvq0KQuCUhnxpj8sOcWHKsEhOUwMmPGDsz4eCF7oFuIWy93_gw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Barrington wrote: »
    6 things social networking sites need to stop doing is a funny but also interesting article which includes some talk about deleting Facebook profiles which you might find useful

That's why I had the wikihow article in my history!

Advertisement