Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Drive Insurance = Driver Excluded??

Options
  • 07-03-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I bought Comprehensive insurance for my van last week over the phone, it was for Open Drive. When the proposal form came from the insurance company it stated that Injury to Driver was Excluded - surely this isn't Comprehensive insurance for Open Drive. The whole idea of Comprehensive compared to 3rd Party is that damage to my van and my person would be covered.

Has anyone else checked their Open Drive policy and found that Injury to Driver wasn't included?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Injury to the driver is normally not covered by any motor policy, that's why most insurance companies offer 'Personal Injury' as an option with most renewals.

Comprehensive insurance covers the vehicle regardless of who's at fault so that you are not out of pocket if you or one of your family or employees writes off the vehicle through their own fault i.e. there's no third party to cough up to pay for the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭WLSM

Thanks for clearing that up for me coylemj

Advertisement