Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to PS3

Options
  • 07-03-2011 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Have the surround sound set up through the dvd player and works fine. The problem is I want to use the PS3 for games and blu-ray through the surround sound and am stumped.
    Any help/advice anyone can give would be much appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

dedaw wrote: »
    Any help/advice anyone can give would be much appreciated.

The ps3 has Optical or HDMI for multi channel audio out and standard RCA available via the default scart for stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Idleater,

Thanks for the info. I have tried optic cable from ps3 to surround sound, with no joy. No picture or no sound.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Idleater,

Thanks for the info. I have tried optic cable from ps3 to surround sound, with no joy. No picture or no sound.
    Any ideas?

Assuming your amp accepts DD/DTS over optical, you have to set the Audio output in the PS3 settings to Optical and choose Bitstream. There are some other options for what formats your amp accepts (5.1/6.1/7.1 etc.) but there might also be an "auto" setting - I'm not 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bobette

Hi Guys,

Have the surround sound set x360 key up through the dvd player and works wifirobin fine. The problem is I want to use the PS3 for games and blu-ray through the surround sound and am stumped.
    Any help/advice anyone can give would be much air multiplier appreciated.

I have tried optic cable from ps3 to surround sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Idleater,

Any ideas?

Are you expecting to get a picture through the Optical connection ?

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

I have my setup working just fine!
    PS3 video going to TV through HDMI and audio going through my LG unit via optical.
    Dedaw: the optical connection allows up to 8 AUDIO channels and no video so you'll need both of the connections for this to work. Or if your head unit allows it you may only need the HDMI going from the PS3 to the unit and then from the head unit to the TV (for the video signal). All of these units have different configurations so there are many different ways to get what you want...

Advertisement