Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Connection Annoyance

Options
  • 07-03-2011 4:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

The other day the wireless network I used stopped working (the network was local but couldn't access internet). The problem is solved, but during the time I was trying to fix it I figured maybe trying to connect through my wireless service window instead of through the network connections window would help, but it didn't.

My issue now is, the wireless service created another network on my network connections window - the exact same network as the one I've always used only with much more limited connectivity. Every time I turn on my laptop now, it wants to connect to the limited copy. It's really aggravating having to disconnect it and reconnect to the proper network link instead of it automatically connecting properly as soon as everything's running, but I go to where one usually removes networks and because the limited link is the same network as the other one it only shows the one network.

How can I remove this annoying link that gives me limited connectivity while keeping the other link and not having to reinstall/reengage the network all over again? (Because I lack the network key.)

Operating System: Windows Vista

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

go to control panel, network connections, network and sharing centre..

on the left, click "manage wireless connections"

you can view the wpa/wep key from in there, write it down, delete all wireless connections relating to your home network, and then add a new one, and enter the wireless key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LilbunUWiz

Thank you very much, that did the trick!

Advertisement