Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 suns spotted in the sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Interesting allright!

You'd probably better off posting this on the astronomy and space forum as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

I actually meant to post it up in the astronomy forum.. Might be more suitable in after hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

stoned.jpg

http://www.space.com/11038-china-suns-video-unexplained.html
    "This is not a common optical phenomenon that we're seeing here," said Grant Perry, an atmospheric scientist at the University of Wisconsin Cooperative Institute for Satellite and Meteorological Studies. "I'm asking myself if this is an artifact of the lens, but if that were the case – if it's reflections of the lens elements – then the images would move in relation to each other as the camera moves," Perry said. "But that doesn't happen."
    In terms of an optical explanation, he said, "You would have to assume it is particles of ice or something in the atmosphere aligned in such a way that they would refract the sunlight at that very small angle, but only in one direction. It would require some fairly peculiar characteristics."
    Several related atmospheric optical effects are fully explained by science. Sun dogs, sunset mirages, sun pillars and sun halos are all relatively common and well understood. But not this effect.
    "It's very intriguing," said Kaler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Yeah a sundog, saw one or what was close to one last year.

• Advertisement

Min wrote: »
    Yeah a sundog, saw one or what was close to one last year.

Did you read the article? scientists are saying its probably some illusion, but they can't say for sure.
    Several related atmospheric optical effects are fully explained by science. Sun dogs, sunset mirages, sun pillars and sun halos are all relatively common and well understood. But not this effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I bet conspiracy theory nutjobs around the world are going into overdrive with this.

I bet conspiracy theory nutjobs around the world are going into overdrive with this.

I get the impression most people, even conspiracy people are completely stumped and don't know what to say.

To rubbish it is the easiest thing to do right?

Here is one (conspiracy?) persons thoughts on this object..

And another vid..

PS.. If any mod feels this needs to go into the conspiracy theory section, thats fine with me. I put this in the wrong section to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Yea, right. :rolleyes:........... oh, wait...

http://www.earth-issues.com/2011/03/nibiru-to-break-through-ecliptic-march-4th-2011-updated/
    The data says the brown dwarf will break through the solar ecliptic plane into the northern hemisphere on March 4, 2011, when the earth change ‘events’ will begin to escalate out of control. In that event, people must evacuate the coasts in anticipation of severe rogue tides and tidal waves associated with the anticipated March 15, 2011 ‘pole shift event.’ The magnetic shift since 2004 is actually magnetic pole migration in response to the gravity well, massive magnetism and polarity of the approaching brown dwarf that orbits near the sun just once every 3600 years. I realize that this News Tip seems outrageous, but this is what all the evidence in my investigation is saying and the people have a right to see the evidence and decide for themselves. In other words, this is the very reason the Tip Line was created in the first place and pushing this under the carpet makes WFLA part of a very big Global Conspiracy to hide ‘the truth’ like Google. This is what Google is hiding:
    Now you tell me why the only place on Google Sky that is blacked out just happens to be the same exact location of the recently-discovered ELEnin Comet? Your meteorologists are smart people. Have them look these things up. I am not saying this is doomsday, but the people had better be prepared:

100 miles from coasts.
    200 feet above sea level.
    away from fault zones.
    away from volcanoes.
    away from Yellowstone.
    away from New Madrid Fault Zone.
    away from Mississippi River Valley from Louisiana to Michigan.

Peoples have survived Nibiru for hundreds of thousands of years, but they were prepared. You have been given sufficient information to get the warning out, or to shove this News Story under the rug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

As this is an atmospheric phenomenon (of some sort) there is no problem posting it in this forum. Just let's discuss it from that point of view and not go down the road of conspiracy theories eh! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

100 miles from coasts

A bit hard to accomplish in Ireland. :D

Probably just some cheap chinese optics! I bought a toy telescope for my son a couple of years ago, we see three moons through it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Leaving the conspiracy aspect behind and just examining it as a scientific hypothesis.

The hypothesis is that a brown Dwarf Star is in orbit around the Sun.

This orbit is highly irregular in that it doesn't use the ecliptic plane.
    It comes to the solar system proper every 3600 years.
    This causes a wide variety of "tidal" effects on the earth

Lets test this hypothesis:

We have a fairly good record of observations from Ice Cores, Soil Samples and the like.

They haven't shown much evidence, but they haven't been examined with this hypothesis in mind, so ...............inconclusive.

We have a written record from the period, which isn't considered a good source, but could be considered a supporting document.

This does record a deluge, so.................inconclusive.

We have fossil evidence stretching back millions of years.

There is evidence of mass extinctions, though no accurate timings have been established.

MY view?

This does deserve further investigation.
    Ice cores and soil cores should be examined for a periodic anomalies.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Anyone that believes in Niburu or any new age 2012 crap is seriously delusional.

Please go hang out on GLP or ATS and discuss this non-weather relates rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Anyone that believes in Niburu or any new age 2012 crap is seriously delusional.

Please go hang out on GLP or ATS and discuss this non-weather relates rubbish.

As for the plate tectonics! Are you mad! Utter crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭emo72

Shulgin wrote: »
    YOUTUBE]XMI5IqnVWVc[/YOUTUBE]

i think there should be an investigation into the music on that vid.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

First posting with the 3 videos, the third video is nothing more than the sun as seen through an angled pane of glass.

If there was a second sun, one would expect to see multiple sun images on sites like this, especially the Lasco images:
    http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/realtime/realtime-update.html#top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Having watched some of these, it is apparent to me that they are different levels of exposure layered together.

The still images are ghostings, almost certainly ghost images from the internal baffle of the lens in use.

Others are other well known phenomena being miss-reported.

A few look intriguing ~ I can't find my dark filter, haven't looked at the sun or took a sunset/sunrise in years and years.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭octo

Shulgin wrote: »
    has anyone else come across this? I have seen a few videos on youtube and some news reports. Is it all just a hoax or mirages or what?

Please delete if it is a load of rubbish! :)
    It's quite obvious that there's now a second sun. All attempts to explain this away by 'science' and 'optics' are laughable, and show the lengths people will go to collude in the prevailing social illusory paradigm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

octo wrote: »
    It's quite obvious that there's now a second sun. All attempts to explain this away by 'science' and 'optics' are laughable, and show the lengths people will go to collude in the prevailing social illusory paradigm.

You are so right. Just the other night on the way home from the pub, I saw two suns heading straight at me. I got up off the ground and ran away from them but not before there was this loud noise something like a car horn. We must do something before 2012 about all these suns popping up everywhere.

Advertisement