Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla Hatchback milage

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

thats a 1.9 diesel not a 1.3.

i wouldn't know what the difference would be mpg wise, but i think the engine in those was borrowed from peugeot, and that corolla looks like it's seen better days.

i remember viewing it when i was looking for a corolla last may, and its still for sale now. surely a small cheap toyota diesel should be snapped up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

Buy it QUICK

this is a great price for a great car with very little mileage and it's even clean too

i had a similar one ('02) and depending on the journey i was getting up to 50-55 MPG and around town/city driving 35-40 ish

EDIT this is indeed a 1.9 diesel i'd guess a little less MPG but for the amount of money saved it's still worth it

and if you take proper care of ti you'll get another 200,000 miles out of it

i'd check if its been clocked in the meantime :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Buy it QUICK

this is a great price for a great car with very little mileage and it's even clean too

i had a similar one ('02) and depending on the journey i was getting up to 50-55 MPG and around town/city driving 35-40 ish

EDIT this is indeed a 1.9 diesel i'd guess a little less MPG but for the amount of money saved it's still worth it

and if you take proper care of ti you'll get another 200,000 miles out of it

Was yours the D4D diesel or the 1.9d in the car linked to this thread? The 1.9d engine in that corolla is a bit of a donkey of a yoke. An old-school diesel engine. Reliable im sure but im also fairly sure they're meant to be a horribly slow car.

andyseadog wrote: »
    i'd check if its been clocked in the meantime :pac:

that mileage looks good
    12,000 a year is average
    if it was clocked they would have gone down to 70-80,000

• Advertisement

that mileage looks good
    12,000 a year is average
    if it was clocked they would have gone down to 70-80,000

pretty sure (but genuinely not 100% on what the mileage was) when i viewed it last year i was put off by its high mileage. and 120k wouldn't put me off...

Was yours the D4D diesel or the 1.9d in the car linked to this thread? The 1.9d engine in that corolla is a bit of a donkey of a yoke. An old-school diesel engine. Reliable im sure but im also fairly sure they're meant to be a horribly slow car.

1.9d mine was an estate tho (not that it makes much difference)

and in regards to speed it's not exactly comparable to an impreza or evo :D
    but i didn't find it too slow

pretty sure (but genuinely not 100% on what the mileage was) when i viewed it last year i was put off by its high mileage. and 120k wouldn't put me off...

ah i missed that you viewed it

is it the same seller do you know ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

thats a 1.9 diesel not a 1.3.

i wouldn't know what the difference would be mpg wise, but i think the engine in those was borrowed from peugeot, and that corolla looks like it's seen better days.

i remember viewing it when i was looking for a corolla last may, and its still for sale now. surely a small cheap toyota diesel should be snapped up :rolleyes:

thanks, i was only using that add as a referance, im hope ing to buy a friends one and get a good price.

the photos are the same, same county. it was up for 2500 when i seen it. honestly cant remember what was on the clock but im sure it wasn't 120k :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

i own one of these 2000 1.9d corollas they are a peugeot partner engine
    my one let a rod out of the block at 109000 miles i had to get a a new engine from a scrapped partner van it only cost me 200euro but with new pump timing belt kit and new clutch and sump and labour it cost me over a thounasnd euro to refix now fair enough ive got a car with a new timing belt and clutch fitted but how long will this engine last????? maybe i got a dud i dont know but all i know is that i wouldnt of bought this car if i knew it had a peugeot engine:mad:
    peugeot are **** end of:mad:

great mpg
    but are very slow and handle like boats but all in all a cheap diesel car to run and there is loads and loads of berlingo and peugeot vans about so loadsa spare engines:D

mine cost me 1200euro with 19months nct a year ago so wouldnt pay anymore than that really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

i own one of these 2000 1.9d corollas they are a peugeot partner engine
    my one let a rod out of the block at 109000 miles i had to get a a new engine from a scrapped partner van it only cost me 200euro but with new pump timing belt kit and new clutch and sump and labour it cost me over a thounasnd euro to refix now fair enough ive got a car with a new timing belt and clutch fitted but how long will this engine last????? maybe i got a dud i dont know but all i know is that i wouldnt of bought this car if i knew it had a peugeot engine:mad:
    peugeot are **** end of:mad:

great mpg
    but are very slow and handle like boats but all in all a cheap diesel car to run and there is loads and loads of berlingo and peugeot vans about so loadsa spare engines:D

mine cost me 1200euro with 19months nct a year ago so wouldnt pay anymore than that really

thanks, yeah i dont fancy a boat of a car or a peugeot engine to be honest. i want the reliability that come with toyota:cool:

Advertisement