Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MobileMe is nearly due for renewal - Probable Overhaul questions

Options
  • 06-03-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I'd normally post something so Apple specific over on their discussions, but because it mentions something in the future, I'd almost be shot.

Basically, my MobileMe is due for renewal on the 15th April. It's much cheaper if I get it off amazon so need to allow for a few days postage, lets say 5. So I'd need to buy it on the 10th. Apple give you 15 days to renew your account after it expires before they delete everything (emails etc which i need). SO the latest I could buy it would be the 25th April (pushing it really).

My issue is that there is talk, and I know it's just talk, of it being majorly overhauled and a strong possibility of it becoming free, mainly due to the fact google and others have comparable free services.

I have no issue paying for MM as I feel it's worth it and really use it's features etc. But what I don't want to do is pay for it and 2 months later Apple go and overhaul it and make it free...

I know they are giving $100 back to those who bought an iPad 2 weeks before they announced the iPad 2, but dealing with such a small price (in Apple's terms) I can't see them doing something that similar!

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple are very unlikely to make it completely free. They may offer part of it free (as Dropbox, SugarSync do at the moment), but people will almost certainly have to pay if they want extra storage, etc. I'm not sure where the email account will fall in this.

If I were you, I'd just go ahead and buy. Whatever happens, I'm sure Apple will take care of anyone who recently signed up/renewed.

Advertisement