Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my benefit and allowance

Options
  • 06-03-2011 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi folks .I am a non national construction worker in Ireland since 2004.I like living staying in Ireland

But after i have lost my job last year May 2010.I got paid benefits okey until i went back to my country to do my army duty in July.It s compulsory for our nation.After 3 months I was back to Ireland November 2010 and re-apply for benefit but Social Welfare didnt accept my application

Reason :I wast habitually resident ireland and my centre interest is not ireland,my irish born child and my wife are not with me here.I have no relative or connection family in Irish land..
    I went for appeal 3 times now on fourth time my appeal is disallowed and they did not qualify me for benefits.

While i am working it is okey to give huge tax money to them but now they wouldnt give any thing.And i am also looking for any type of work but nothing there.
    Do you really think that i should shout down Ireland page for me and go back my own country after 7 years or wait until i get full time job?
    maybe things will be recovered again???

**_A foreigner`s life in Ireland_**

May 2004.Arrived Ireland with full of hope of working and living good condition of life.Had some basic English and with the friendly some Irish people I got improved my English.

Worked through 2004-05-06-07-08-09.All over Ireland.i got used to know everywhere custom, tradition, accent,life style.Put some money in credit union get loan of €10.000 to buy a car.Bought 07 car for my small family

A happy small family until feb 2009.Recession start ,job loses ,apply for benefit,i was trying to get any job for family living,to pay my rent,bills,loan,expenses. Then went back my origin country for 3 months cause of not having job and a compulsory duty awaiting in my country.So i finished in army.~I have also approved my army paper to C.W.O as it in English

but irish community welfare officer decline my job seeker application.
    because of:
    * I did not rob a bank
    * I did not swindle any phone company.
    * I did not involved any criminal act.
    * I did not sell & buy drugs
    * i did not finish my bank loan and run away from country
    * I did not defraud the revenue or evade tax

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Sounds like the life of a self employed person (like me) in the construction industry - no welfare of any kind after years of employing others and paying PRSI and tax; in fact I can't even get a free eye test having paid for a lot of other peoples. I also like living here but without a chance of work in the profession I'm in, and the thought of listening to 20+ years of harsh budgets, defaults economic doom and gloom is enough to have me getting out of here to find a job somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Sounds like the life of a self employed person (like me) in the construction industry - no welfare of any kind after years of employing others and paying PRSI and tax; in fact I can't even get a free eye test having paid for a lot of other peoples. I also like living here but without a chance of work in the profession I'm in, and the thought of listening to 20+ years of harsh budgets, defaults economic doom and gloom is enough to have me getting out of here to find a job somewhere else.

Self employed people can apply for Jobseekers Allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Can apply but very little chance of getting anything due to means testing

That is not necessarily true it depends on a persons personal circumstances. A lot of people who were self-employed qualify for jobseekers allowance. .

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭culsoh

ozalseker wrote: »
    While i am working it is okey to give huge tax money to them but now they wouldnt give any thing.And i am also looking for any type of work but nothing there.
    Do you really think that i should shout down Ireland page for me and go back my own country after 7 years or wait until i get full time job?
    maybe things will be recovered again???

Yes you paid tax while working, like every other country in the world. Your PRSI contributions was used for your JObseekers Benefit when you applied first - so what more do you want?

You obviously still have ties in your home country, hence not being eligable for Habitual. IMO I'd just go home. It is going to be a long time before there is anything in the line of construction jobs in Ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

from what i read all over newspapers...you are not alone and don't blame yourself !
    even the Irish returning from overseeas are in the same situation.A chap on TV3 explained recently the 5 points of validating any social welfare cases...very though !

my advice...get some nixers or forget it.at least at home,u r home !
    also,the queue at T2 is getting bigger...lots of abandoned cars in long term car park...funny !???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Why are your wife and child not in Ireland? if they were would you qualify? maybe your wife can claim and claim you as a dependent?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Contact them
    They are really good for foreign people
    Know someone with the same problem and is now on benefits
    http://www.crosscare.ie/housingandwelfare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ozalseker

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Why are your wife and child not in Ireland? if they were would you qualify? maybe your wife can claim and claim you as a dependent?

cause when my wife and son went home for a short while unexpected illness made them more stay and her visa expired.Now i cant apply for visa cause no income or payslip to prove it,

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

a few questions

why did you got home to do your service because you had to or because you wanted to???-centre of interest again???
    where are your family??
    Also if your wife and irish born child is not here then your centre of interest is not ireland.
    you should have brought your wife and child back before the visa expired.
    I presume your job seekers benefit is exhausted and you have been refused job seekers allowance?
    what does an irish community welfare officer have anything to do with it??
    after 4 appeals its unlikely you will receive payment in this country with or without your wife.

• Advertisement

cause when my wife and son went home for a short while unexpected illness made them more stay and her visa expired.Now i cant apply for visa cause no income or payslip to prove it,

If your work visa has expired and you cant apply for one then you do not qualify for jobseekers allowance because you do not have a visa * work permit* to work in the country and you cannot be deemed jobseeking.

maryk123 wrote: »
    a few questions

why did you got home to do your service because you had to or because you wanted to???-centre of interest again???
    where are your family??
    Also if your wife and irish born child is not here then your centre of interest is not ireland.
    you should have brought your wife and child back before the visa expired.
    I presume your job seekers benefit is exhausted and you have been refused job seekers allowance?
    what does an irish community welfare officer have anything to do with it??
    after 4 appeals its unlikely you will receive payment in this country with or without your wife.

It s a compulsory thing.You have to do it.And while i am not working I said to myself I can do army and get it out of from my way.

Wife and child went home for my mother illness to help her out but unexpected things made them stayed long.Visa expired.

I know it is my fault that I should have brought her here before visa expired.

Even though I gave proof of documents that I was in army, Community welfare officer didnt like me always ask me why are you here?why is your family in your country.
    I had mouth row with officer that time maybe that s why they turned me down!who know??

eastbono wrote: »
    If your work visa has expired and you cant apply for one then you do not qualify for jobseekers allowance because you do not have a visa * work permit* to work in the country and you cannot be deemed jobseeking.

I have Stamp 4 status here in Ireland.It means I dont need a work permit to work in any sector and stay here.

It s renewable every year.

I have Stamp 4 status here in Ireland.It means I dont need a work permit to work in any sector and stay here.

It s renewable every year.

Forgive me I thought you said visa was expired... if you wife and child are abroad you will be deemed not habitually resident because your centre of interest is outside of Ireland... e.g. your wife and child do not live here and I presume you left the country for some time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

i presume the army ia compulsory if you live or plan to return to your country - this is where you have been caught i think - if you are planning to make ireland your home then there is no need to do this???

You should have kept an eye on your wifes visa. If you have a stamp4 what stamp does she have and why not a stamp 4 like you.

I think the army is the main reason for not getting it - it shows ireland is not your centre of interest.

as for the welfare officer not liking you - hmmm you are entitled to appeal and you have done and failed 4 times.

its not looking good for you i am afraid - how are you maintaining yourself now

maryk123 wrote: »
    i presume the army ia compulsory if you live or plan to return to your country - this is where you have been caught i think - if you are planning to make ireland your home then there is no need to do this???

You should have kept an eye on your wifes visa. If you have a stamp4 what stamp does she have and why not a stamp 4 like you.

I think the army is the main reason for not getting it - it shows ireland is not your centre of interest.

as for the welfare officer not liking you - hmmm you are entitled to appeal and you have done and failed 4 times.

its not looking good for you i am afraid - how are you maintaining yourself now

Main reason he is not getting hrc is because his wife and child do not live in Ireland hence his centre of interest is not Ireland.

Advertisement