Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10% discount code for the Book Depository - valid until 31st March 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Thanks,just saved a few euro:)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

ciarawalsh wrote: »
    You have to come via this link if you wish to use the coupon code
    (otherwise the box to enter code wont appear).

Thanks. Attempted to use a discount code yesterday but couldn't find where to enter it. That explains why I couldn't find the box - went ahead and ordered anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sce88

EDIT: ordered book and didnt need proof of being a FCC customer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Much appreciated. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

thanks just ordered my book:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thanks so much OP. That's a great discount!

So much for me trying not to buy books....

Only joking, I needed the online retail therapy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Nice one OP I've been meaning to check out TBD for a while and your post has certainly given me the incentive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Hadn't realised they did free delivery. Excellent!

how long does delivery usually take?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

sce88 wrote: »
    how long does delivery usually take?

In my experience, I’d say usually within 5 business days. I once ordered a book from them on Sunday evening and received it by regular post on Tuesday (in rural Ireland).

PS Thanks OP. Just bought an already 40% discounted book with the additional 10% discount and free delivery.

• Advertisement

OMG, I can't believe how easy this is! I've just ordered my 2nd batch of books. The free delivery too is a clincher. With Amazon you have to spend £25 to get free delivery.

I think I'm becoming addicted to this site.....

In my experience, I’d say usually within 5 business days. I once ordered a book from them on Sunday evening and received it by regular post on Tuesday (in rural Ireland).

PS Thanks OP. Just bought an already 40% discounted book with the additional 10% discount and free delivery.

thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Free e-book from The Book Depository- The Royal Wedding for Dummies: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/blog/post/tag/Here-comes-the-bride

The most aptly named "for Dummies" book in a long while ..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Thanks OP.

I had to order a book for someone but I'd never used TBD before so I just did a quick search and this thread came up! :D

I had a fair idea they were ok as I'd seen them on the likes of Amazon Market Place, etc. but I'm glad I checked now.

Don't forget, this expires on the 31st!

I've already ordered loads of books from them, all safely delivered very quickly. The books are delivered in single packages, as I guess the postage is cheaper that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

I've also only had good experiences. Ordered a book the other day and forgot to input the 10% code, I emailed CS who credited the 10% back to my CC. Much appreciated. Book arrived within 5 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 christine_cro

ciarawalsh wrote: »
    You have to come via this link if you wish to use the coupon code
    (otherwise the box to enter code wont appear).

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/fccbookclub?a_aid=code

Then just enter the code FCC222 in the basket when you begin to checkout.
    thanks for posting, u just saved me a few euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Cheers OP, these guys seem to be doing a lot of offers, good site too.

They're also on Fatcheese too:
    http://www.fatcheese.ie/cashback/the-book-depository/

Thanks OP, this is a brilliant offer. I've just ordered my 3rd batch of books today, as today is the last day of the offer. They are getting great business from me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭FakePlasticMan

Thanks OP. 2 euro is as good in my pocket as theirs ;-)

Oh and I've been using TBD for several years now and have never had a problem with them. Excellent online retailer :-)

Robbie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 hotprof20

Also try www.bookdepository.com as well as www.bookdepository.co.uk. Both links lead to the same site but there can be significant differences in price between the .com and .co.uk (e.g. €1.50 difference on an €9 book is a lot). Even with the 10% discount, I have found that the .com address is still cheaper for many books.

You need to check both for the loest cost,a s the prices fluctuate.

Advertisement