Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hybrid bike

Options
  • 05-03-2011 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

Looking for a hybrid bicycle not for sports so hope ok to post here. Any suggestions re make. just want it for going around the town and maybe an odd spin out the country

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

hey don't mean to be on the sales pitch but i'm selling a kellys treking bike that may interest you. have a look on the for sale section. should cover what your looking for or something similar to that, Giant also do a version, if i remember correctly there about €600 new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tommyadams

http://www.eurocycles.ie/Hybrid_Bike_Gents/Raleigh_Urban_1/179_p.aspx
    Pretty good specs for the price If your only going to use it for going to the shops etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

Tommyadams wrote: »
    http://www.eurocycles.ie/Hybrid_Bike_Gents/Raleigh_Urban_1/179_p.aspx
    Pretty good specs for the price If your only going to use it for going to the shops etc.
    thanks do bikes these days have tubeless tyres. i have an old high nelly and its always punctured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

MinnyMinor wrote: »
    thanks do bikes these days have tubeless tyres. i have an old high nelly and its always punctured
    I like this one. Any thoughts on specs. this too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Tubeless only really exists with mountain bikes where the advantage is that it allows super low pressures. If you get good tyres and inflate to correct pressure you shouldn't get a lot of punctures. For pure puncture resistance Specialized Armadillo are probably the best bet; there is a tradeoff between the protection and ride quality but not such a big deal on a hybrid on short trips.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'm selling a Lapierre RCR 100.

Its a cruiser. So its designed for commuting and touring. very comfortable and light and a fantastic bike over all.

Have a look in the for sale section for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Squaretrousers

Hey Folks...not sure if I’m in the right spot for this query.....

I am looking a purchase a hybrid bike with the primary use for carrying small kids on short journeys (in the current climate). I have a Hamax smiley rear seat carrier and I will possibly be looking to put a crossbar seat on the bike also. I was looking at the following 2:

1: HOPRIDER 100 LONG DISTANCE CITY BIKE TALL FRAME - coming in at €330 at decathlon

2: Giant Escape 3 Bike - coming in at €399 at Giant

*can’t post links to the above....

The hoprider has all the extras, lights, mudguards, rear carrier and is €70 cheaper....the Giant comes as a basic package but I would imagine it being a Giant the build quality would be better if Im carrying extra weight in the shape of kids...given the relatively little use this will get I am leaning towards the hoprider but I’d be interested in any advice, thoughts or alternatives....

Cheers!

Advertisement