Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a matte screen with glossy

Options
  • 05-03-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I need to replace the screen in my Dell inspiron 640m. Can I put in a screen from a 6400 (glossy)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yep, no problem.

Only real thing to worry about is that it's Dell compatible. Seeing as it's coming from a 6400 then it is.

Glossy and Matte have no differences internally.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I need to replace the screen in my Dell inspiron 640m. Can I put in a screen from a 6400 (glossy)

A 6400 is larger than a 640m! So no.

Unless you can find a 640m screen that has a glossy finish. Tbh, glossy screens are awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

A 6400 is larger than a 640m! So no.

Unless you can find a 640m screen that has a glossy finish. Tbh, glossy screens are awful!

Oops.. :o:o
    I hadn't taken much notice of the Screen Size... I assumed that was checked..

Advertisement