Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evidence of Progressive Judgement-But getting it is the issue.

Options
  • 05-03-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/burglar-must-pay-euro25000-to-woman-over-horror-breakin-2566826.html

Nice clear cut and dried,if belated judgement.

This type of case really does need to be fast-tracked within the system,especially if the original offence has been proven and a conviction secured.

To my mind it establishes a benchmark for this type of thuggery,which many of the perpretators regard as "Victimless"....ie: Publican,must be wealthy,therefore we`re entitled to some of it etc etc.

Now,it appears that Mr O Connor has 50K worth of judgement registered agin him,lets see if the State can go about ensuring the gentleman meets his new-found committments.

Spreading the word on this may be a better alternative to tooling-up with double-barrel shotguns and baseball bats beside the bed :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Deduct it from any social welfare he is due. If he actually gets a job, deduct it from his cut off.
    Hitting the pocket is the only way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I agree its a good judgement but both victims will spend more than this over their lifetimes on locks alarms, monitoring etc.

Truly horrific crime with long lasting effects on the victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Fair dues to them for taking the case - alas I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the victims to get a penny :rolleyes:

Advertisement