Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3ds flash cart - Already

Options
  • 05-03-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

http://www.amazekard.com/html/main.asp
    3ds already cracked granted it doesn't support 3ds homebrew or back ups yet but its only a matter of time.
    But it supports everything that ran on the old ds moonshell,emulators,ds back ups etc.
    Didn't take very long did it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

http://www.amazekard.com/html/main.asp
    3ds already cracked granted it doesn't support 3ds homebrew or back ups yet but its only a matter of time.
    But it supports everything that ran on the old ds moonshell,emulators,ds back ups etc.
    Didn't take very long did it.

So the 3DS hasn't been cracked. These cards are compatible with DS mode on the 3DS, nothing more at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Thats the case at the moment but its only a matter of time.
    Its still very impressive considering the systems only a few days old,
    And nintendo saying that flash carts would be locked out of the system completely before its release

Thats the case at the moment but its only a matter of time.
    Its still very impressive considering the systems only a few days old,
    And nintendo saying that flash carts would be locked out of the system completely before its release

I think your missing the point, the 3DS isn't cracked, nor is this a 3DS flash card. It's an upgradeable DS flash cart that will run on the 3DS, as do all DS games. It's only the backward compatibility in the 3DS that lets this card run, false advertising is false advertising.

I agree it's only a matter of time, but it hasn't happened yet.

If you don't think its impressive
    your entitled to your opinion.
    This is the first step in a complete hack of the system and considering the system is only a few days old and the speed this came along I think its impressive.
    I know what this does it runs ds homebrew on the 3ds through backwards compatibility much like the early wii exploits that ran gamecube homebrew in the bacwards compatibility portion of the wii.
    That was the first step towards homebrew on the wii it didn't let them into the full system but it was a start.
    I think this is much the same its a start and has a long way to.
    But its only a matter of time since they have at least something booting on it

If you don't think its impressive
    your entitled to your opinion.
    This is the first step in a complete hack of the system and considering the system is only a few days old and the speed this came along I think its impressive.
    I know what this does it runs ds homebrew on the 3ds through backwards compatibility much like the early wii exploits that ran gamecube homebrew in the bacwards compatibility portion of the wii.
    That was the first step towards homebrew on the wii it didn't let them into the full system but it was a start.
    I think this is much the same its a start and has a long way to.
    But its only a matter of time since they have at least something booting on it

I find it as impressive as a standard DS cart running through the 3DS, as that's all it's doing. This feature is given by Nintendo, it's not an exploit, not a hack, nothing new has been done here. If you find that impressive, fair play :)

• Advertisement

I realise what your saying that its just running ds software on a standard ds flash cart,I said that in my first post,
    What I find impressive is the fact that on release these cards were completely locked out they couldn't boot anything and a few days later something is booting even if it is just ds software.
    Running a flash cart on the ds is not a feature given by nintendo as you said above :p

Maybe I'm just easily impressed lol :p

I realise what your saying that its just running ds software on a standard ds flash cart,I said that in my first post,
    What I find impressive is the fact that on release these cards were completely locked out they couldn't boot anything and a few days later something is booting even if it is just ds software.
    Running a flash cart on the ds is not a feature given by nintendo as you said above :p

Maybe I'm just easily impressed lol :p

R4 worked out of the box on the 3DS, thing thing given by Nintendo is full DS backward compatibility, and seeing as flash cards immitate DS titles, naturally they run. I'll be impressed when I see flash carts taking advantage of 3DS mode, & even DSi mode (there's only one card that currently does DSi mode & it only came out early Feb). Until then, I'll credit any flash card running on the 3DS to Nintendo's given backwards compatibility with ds code.

And to be brutally honest, selling flash cards with 3DS badged all over them is very misleading, & typical of the thankfully now defunct ps3 usb clone devices. All promises, little delivered, & a lot of people ripped off. Some of them were actually charging for limited use downgrades...rip off central.

Finally, a flash card for the 3DS this soon wouldn't be anything to celebrate...& would short sighted people even more short sighted in their attitude towards modified consoles. Personally I feel flash cards have nothing at all to do with console modding, & I'd rather we didn't have to be lumbered with them here. Technically they're plug & play devices and involve no modding.

r4 worked out of the box ?
    You sure about that ?
    I checked before posting here and saw that flash carts were blocked out.
    http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?44797-Nintendo-3DS-hits-Japan-Flashcarts-do-not-work

And yes plugging a ds cart in isn't modding imo
    Modding in my opinion is taking something completely retail and changing something in it so it can do something else or look different.
    Technically this has nothing to do with modding but I thought this might be of interest to someone and flash carts can't be discussed on the nintendo forum so it was better suited to here

Advertisement