Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday spin

Options
  • 05-03-2011 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Went on a good spin yesterday. 105 k in de Wicklow hills in prep for w200. Was by myself also which think makes me go faster but hard going mentally and physically. My question is basically how hard is de 200. Does everybody find it hard. Obviously training gears you upfor it but I'm imagining it's still full on tough.

Any thought?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dali Farmer

Have done the W200 3 times, and it doesn't get easier. It is tough but well worth it for the satisfaction and the bragging rights. The hardest part is when you reach about 40K in and the road seperates for the W100/W200. Its really hard to turn the bike for the 200. Was getting it really tough last year on the Shay Elliott. Was contemplating getting off when a guy about 30years older than me sailed past and said " nice day for it". the moral of the story: If your fit and used to hills its managable, casual cyclists like me suffer, but its still worth it!. See you on the hills

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭get on your bike

Have done the W200 3 times, and it doesn't get easier. It is tough but well worth it for the satisfaction and the bragging rights. The hardest part is when you reach about 40K in and the road seperates for the W100/W200. Its really hard to turn the bike for the 200. Was getting it really tough last year on the Shay Elliott. Was contemplating getting off when a guy about 30years older than me sailed past and said " nice day for it". the moral of the story: If your fit and used to hills its managable, casual cyclists like me suffer, but its still worth it!. See you on the hills

Cheers. I'm gearing up for it

Advertisement