Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translation?

Options
  • 04-03-2011 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey all, would somebody mind translating these sentences for me?

1. ta an mishuaimhneas go forleathan sa sceal ''An bhean og''

2. ''Is amharach an rud e nach bhfuil an gnathmhac leinn cosuil le Martin i Mealoid '' an raitis sin a phle maidir leis an sceal ''lig sinn i gcathu

3. sa sceal bealoidis'' an cearrbhach mac caba '' faighimid scathan ar shuailci agus ar dhuailci an chine dhaonna ''

4. is e an maoithneachas an mothuchan is laidre sa dan seo

5. cen gealltanas a thug an file da ghra da dtiocfadh se/si leis ?

6. dean cur sios ar an gculra stariuil ata taobh thiar den dan ''bimse buan '' dean tagairti don dan fein chun do thuairmi leirii

7. dean ple gairid ar mheadaracht an dain seo agus a hoiriunt do mhothuchain an dain (Bímse Buam ar Buairt Gach Ló)

8. sa dan jack tugtar sracfheachaint ar shaol na tuaithe ata mar chulra leis an dan

9. maidir leis an dan jack dean tracht gairid ar na hiomhanna is mo a chuaigh i bhfeidhm ort sa dan agus minigh do roghanna

10. conas a usaideann an file an dulra chun teama an dain ''dan do M '' a leiriu?
    11. dean cur sios ar ghra na mathair de reir mar nochtar sa dan e

12. Foras na Gaeilge

13. an Dinnseanchas

14. Tain Bo Chuailgne and Na hAnnala

I realise there's a lot of things to translate, but if could offer any help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

hmmm i smell a school work?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

KeithM89 wrote: »

...is next to useless.

If the OP tells us why they need the translation I'd be more inclined to help out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

Galway K9 wrote: »
    hmmm i smell a school work?:D

Well, technically it is school work, but not homework.
    I'm studying for my mocks next week and I'm doing some revision and came across some questions that I didn't fully understand.

I'll be your best friend if you help! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well, technically it is school work, but not homework.
    I'm studying for my mocks next week and I'm doing some revision and came across some questions that I didn't fully understand.

I'll be your best friend if you help! :D

My current best friend might not be too happy with that! :D But, you did ask nicely. :)

See the bold font in the following quote for translations.
    1. ta an mishuaimhneas go forleathan sa sceal ''An bhean og''

Discomfort is widespread in the story "An Bhean Óg".

2. ''Is amhrasach an rud e nach bhfuil an gnathmhac leinn cosuil le Martin i Mealoid '' an raitis sin a phle maidir leis an sceal ''lig sinn i gcathu

"It is doubtful that the typical/ordinary student is not much like Martin Ó Méalóid". Discuss this statement in relation to the story "Lig Sinn I gCathú".

3. sa sceal bealoidis'' an cearrbhach mac caba '' faighimid scathan ar shuailci agus ar dhuailci an chine dhaonna ''

In the scéal béaloideasa "An Cearrbhach Mac Cába" we get a reflection on the virtues and on the vices of the human race.

4. is e an maoithneachas an mothuchan is laidre sa dan seo

Sentimentality is the strongest feeling in this poem.

5. cen gealltanas a thug an file da ghra da dtiocfadh se/si leis ?

What did the poet promise to give to his love if he/she went with him?

6. dean cur sios ar an gculra stariuil ata taobh thiar den dan ''bimse buan '' dean tagairti don dan fein chun do thuairmi leirii

Give a description on the historic background behind the poem "Bímse Buan Ar Buairt Gach Ló". Make reference to the poem itself when giving your opinions.

7. dean ple gairid ar mheadaracht an dain seo agus a hoiriunt do mhothuchain an dain (Bímse Buam ar Buairt Gach Ló)

Give a concise account of the meter of this poem, and how it is suits the emotions of the poem.

8. sa dan jack tugtar sracfheachaint ar shaol na tuaithe ata mar chulra leis an dan

In the poem "Jack" we see an overview of country life as the background of the poem.

9. maidir leis an dan jack dean tracht gairid ar na hiomhanna is mo a chuaigh i bhfeidhm ort sa dan agus minigh do roghanna

With regards to the poem "Jack" make concise reference to the images which had the strongest effect on you, and explain your choices.

10. conas a usaideann an file an dulra chun teama an dain ''dan do M '' a leiriu?

How does the poet use nature to make clear the theme of the poem "Dán Do Mhelissa"?

11. dean cur sios ar ghra na mathair de reir mar nochtar sa dan e

Describe the love of a mother as it is shown in this poem.

12. Foras na Gaeilge

Is always called Foras Na Gaeilge. Translates as the Institute for Irish.

13. an Dinnseanchas

The Folklore of Places

14. Tain Bo Chuailgne and Na hAnnala

Seriously?! Everyone should know the Táin Bó Chuailgne! Anyway...
    The Cattle-raid of Cooley, and, The Annals.

I realise there's a lot of things to translate, but if could offer any help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Enjoy writing all those answers! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

My current best friend might not be too happy with that! :D But, you did ask nicely. :)

Legend! Thanks! I now grant you the gift of companionship. :D
    *Any gift of companionship may be swapped for a cookie*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

impressive!:)

Advertisement