Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patricks day in London

Options
  • 04-03-2011 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

A hoi hoi, I have recently moved to London and made sure to have paddys day off (and the next day obviously!!)

Anyone know where I should head out for the day and night?? Like good pubs clubs etc that might have soon cool themed plans.

Also dont bother saying waxys or oneills!! Ive been a few times already and i wanna try somewhere different!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Keep away from anything Irish related involving Irish people. The mankiest, drunkest, nastiest breed of scaldy Irish persons come out of the woodwork and ****ing shame themselves in London. Did 5 Paddy's Days in London over the years I lived there. Sh1te-fest ! Maybe a bit of a generalisation .....but a fair bit of truth in that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

garbanzo wrote: »
    Keep away from anything Irish related involving Irish people. The mankiest, drunkest, nastiest breed of scaldy Irish persons come out of the woodwork and ****ing shame themselves in London. Did 5 Paddy's Days in London over the years I lived there. Sh1te-fest ! Maybe a bit of a generalisation .....but a fair bit of truth in that.

I've got to be honest, I've avoided any celebrations of it here for the same reason I avoided them when I was living in Cork - I just don't find it that much fun to be out and about on a day when a lot of people seem to be working to the target of being legless by lunchtime.

Sorry I can't offer more help, OP - there's some info about the parade and festival here. I'd imagine a lot of the festivities will be based around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

garbanzo wrote: »

That is a complete generalisation. Based on my 7 years in London I have not some across any bad breed of Irish people so I could also generalise and say it's a joy to celebrate our national day with fellow Irish people! (Obviously drunk culchies will be drunk culchies but come on you get them everywhere)

It's actually better fun in central on the sunday before paddys day (i.e this coming Sunday).. the parade and concert in trafalger sq is a total cheesefest but a bit of craic nonetheless.. green fountains and foodstands selling coddle!! all the pubs around it will be packed (full of plastic paddies too!)

One more thing... Guiness 'own' paddys day in the UK. They are the ones who promote it in all the pubs and all the brits will use the day as an excuse to drink guinness.. they will have loads of promos on where you can get a big cheesey hat and badge for every 4 pints you buy... you cant complain if you are the type to drink guinness for 'arthurs day' :-)

Advertisement