Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest notification statement !!!

Options
  • 04-03-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Just got one of these today from BOI for the first time, its nearly €110 !!! First time i have recieved one so not sure what its for, Have an overdraft but i never exceed it and im up to date on all loans so im at a loss
    Rang my local Branch and they couldnt give me an answer either ! Said they will ring me back later, Im not impressed if they have new fees that are so high, have saving with them so if they are new fees will definately be clearing the overdraft and moving bank

Sry thats my Rant for the day lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Depending on how big your overdraft is, this could just be the quarterly statement of interest on it.
    On an overdraft of 2.5K the quarterly interest works out to about 50 quid or so. Perhaps they are now only issuing these every six months maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

The interest on your account is paid quarterly. This statement is the interest due on your account for the past 3 months. It is calculated on a daily basis on the overdrawn balance .

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭futurefarmer

Thanks folks, it seems i should have been paying it all along but they made a mistake when setting it up and just noticed now, Paid it off in full and cancelled it so im Broke but at least i wont be charged for it !

Advertisement