Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Pension?

Options
  • 04-03-2011 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

In my first job which lasted a year (may 2005 - aug 2006) I had a pension paid monthly by my employer, does anyone know how I go about either claiming this back or getting it paid into my current pension?

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Contact the HR dept and ask them to transfer to your current one. however are you sure you still have a pension fund with your old company as if you were a member under 12 months, it is likely that they refunded you your contributions when you left.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

Depends on the type of pension, if its a occupational pension scheme you can get a refund of your contributions only if less than 2 years pensionable service and with the trustees consent. If its an Employer PRSA Scheme you cannot get any premiums refunded, however you may cash it in if the value is less than €650.00 and there has been more than 24 months since the last premiums was paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tgrills

Thanks a mill guys, I'm pretty sure I didn't receive a refund when I left but I definately had a pension there, I've tried to contact HR but didn't get a response, I've asked an old colleague who I think is still there if they know who I can get in touch with so fingers crossed. Id say its worth v little but def worth finding out in fairness!

Advertisement