Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better to use Laser/Maestro abroad better o2 moneycard?

Options
  • 03-03-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭

Heading to America for a few weeks and got all excited when I heard about the o2 moneycard. I do have a credit card but the limit is only €600- great backup but need other source of money. My Laser/Maestro will apparently work in American ATM's but is the interest really harsh? Thought the o2 card (prepay- works everywher visa is taken- atm's and pos) would be better since it's also POS, but the T&C's look awful- card costs €4.99, it costs €2.99 each time to put an installment on it of between €160 and €350, I'd want the card to have €1500 on it before I go. Interest rates are 2.75% for both functions. There's also charges for putting money on it direct from a back account, or from it to an account, but that doesn't affect me, as well as an inactivity charge but that wouldn't be a problem either. Stamp duty also which I'm not a fan of since I have two cards already. All in all sounds like a bad deal and that my laser/maestro will be better, though not as handy. I have no idea what the interest rates will be like for that though but I'm assuming the costs in general would be lower. Am I right?

Advertisement