Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okun's Law: Unemployment/GDP

Options
  • 03-03-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm working on a project for my Economics module and am stuck on Okun's Law.

I have been asked to show the scatter plot of the change in unemployment against the real growth rate and insert the “line of best fit”.

That is all done, however the next part has left me baffled:
    "Estimate Okun’s Law and present the empirical results in a table and on the graph."

Is Okun's Law the equation that results from the linear trendline?

And by 'empirical results in a table', is that simply the stats I originally used to compile the scatter chart?

I must then comment on the relationship between the two, which has also left me scratching my head!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

I'm in the same boat as you mate, though I'm looking for the Marginal efficiency of investment... Why did I leave it so late :'(

The commentary is just commentating on what happened... I'm assuming it's to make sure we can actually understand the data rather then just copypasta everything...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Slugs wrote: »
    The commentary is just commentating on what happened... I'm assuming it's to make sure we can actually understand the data rather then just copypasta everything...

Errrrr.......... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 courtz06

please help i have got the exact same question in my assignment

any ideas on how to answer it im stuck

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

courtz06 wrote: »
    please help i have got the exact same question in my assignment

any ideas on how to answer it im stuck

Have you read the Wiki page on Okun's law? Which bit specifically are you stuck with?

• Advertisement
Advertisement