Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: 10.6.6 update today stopped my data projector

Options
  • 03-03-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone can help:

Connect my pro to a data projector everyday - downloaded update today for osX and the data projector only displays the standard 'space' http://windowsxpstuff.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/space.jpg
    wallpaper.
    Anyone know how I get it back up running?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭barryj

Have you tried fixing it in the Display preferences panel?

Sounds like it's set up as an extended destkop and you're expecting mirroring.

- barry

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

Cheers for the reply

I've tried this:

Symptom

After updating to Mac OS X on a computer with an additional display connected, extended desktop is enabled instead of video mirroring.

Solution

Use the Displays preference pane to re-enable mirroring:
    1. Open System Preferences from the Apple menu.
    2. Choose Displays from the View menu.
    3. Click the Arrange tab.
    4. Select Mirror Displays.
    5. Quit System Preferences.

But don't have the 'arrange' button
    just get display / colours / gather windows / detect displays

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Does anything happen when you click detect displays?

Does anything happen when you click detect displays?

Not now but not connected to the projector. I'll have a fiddle with it in the morning and see if I can select 'Mirror Displays' while connected

Thanks for the help, just had to check the mirrored box under arrangement tab when connected to the VGA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭muggyog

Normally when you connect an external HDMI connector to a Mac, you have to reboot in order for it to recognise a second output. If you go into your system prefs -->display and dont get a mirror option this is your problem. The image you are seeing is just 1/2 of an unmirrored display.

Advertisement