Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valuation for Insurance on Omega

Options
  • 03-03-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    I need to get a valuation done on an Omega watch I own for insurance purposes. Anyone know of somewhere I can get it done in Dublin city centre where I wont get ripped off on price

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Weir in Grafton street do it, but I'm not sure of cost. If it's a relatively recent model then cool, if it's vintage Irish valuations can vary from too low or too high.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If it's a model still available, then a print out from an Irish dealers website for the model, showing the price, should be enough for your insurance. What the insurance company is looking for is the cost to replace the item with the same or nearest item, where the owner makes no financial gain throught the insurance claim.

If it's an older model, then you could do the same with a web search, making sure to adjust for taxes if the one you find is outside of the EU.

If your watch has a serial number, then take note of it, too. Ideally photograph the watch from all angles, as this will show any marks and scratches which may become identifying features if the watch is stolen and recovered.

The original supplier of your watch may well already have a record of your watch from when you bought it, and, depending on their policy, may send you an updated valuation at no cost. It would be no harm to ring them and ask.

Advertisement