Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrating WordPress with Joomla?

Options
  • 03-03-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I'm currently doing online marketing for a company and I'm looking at setting up a blog. The company uses Joomla for their content. I was told that WordPress is better than Joomla for creating a blog so I'm looking at the possibility of creating a WordPress blog. Am I right in saying that I need to use WordPress.org instead of WordPress.com so that our developer can change the theme of the blog to tie in with the theme of the rest of our site?

Our developer is based in the UK so can I create the WordPress.org blog and then email him the details of it so he can embed it into our site or does he have to create it for me as I know you have to download software for .org?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

If you are already using Joomla then there is no need for WP. Just do your blog on Joomla.

WP is designed specifically for blogging where as Joomla is a broader CMS.

I never understood the need to integrate the two. It's like bridging phpBB to vBulletin. Doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

You could embed the posts from a wordpress.org blog through rss feeds.. but, as stated, thats unnecessarily complicating things when Joomla already handles simple blog features.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Cheers for the replies. I should have a Joomla blog set up by early next week. Thanks again for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

lyftenbloggie is a nice joomla extention geared towards blogging.
    Actually recently had a jooomla site that wanted a blog so i suggested lyftenbloggie - turns out the hosting company was still using php4 and lyftenbloggie requires php5 so they actually ended up using wordpress. no integration though - just copied the joomla design over to the wordpress install.

Advertisement