Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trackpad how does it compare to the mouse?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

The windows drivers for the trackpad are severely limited, it might as well be a regular trackpad. There's no 3 or 4 finger gestures, no pinch/spread gestures, no inertial scrolling. Maybe you could work something out with parallels, I've only used bootcamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭deckstunt

I got a gift of one a while ago but I didn't like it at all, so I returned it. I don't use CAD, though. There may be apps that it suits but I certainly don't have any.

It's pointless, I'd much prefer a mouse.

(I was using it on OS X)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pcbscott

I went all out and got the trackpad and the magic mouse, have to say that the track pad is a bit pointless... I occasionally use it as for pointing the mouse, as on my home set up my laptop is raised above where my keyboard and mouse are.

The only thing it is good for is the gestures, where the mouse will only let me swipe back and forward when im browsing and scroll, the trackpad will do it all.

Its dead handy having a pad on the desk where I have the same functionality as the MBP track pad but thats really all it will do for me, anything in photo shop and it becomes a bit awkward to use esp as applications like this wont support all its features.

I guess im just a sucker for anything with an apple logo on it :)

Its weird because I thought id get way more use out of it, and far less from the mouse but its completely the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭deckstunt

pcbscott wrote: »
    The only thing it is good for is the gestures, where the [magic] mouse will only let me swipe back and forward when im browsing and scroll, the trackpad will do it all.

Have you tried something like MagicPrefs? It allows you to add gestures to your MagicMouse. There's another app that does the same thing but it's name escapes me.

(can't stand the MagicMouse either)

• Advertisement
Advertisement