Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSF4 AE - PC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wouldn't be suprised if it were true.

It's not too hard porting from Xbox to pc anyways and if this is the last version of SF4 *shudder* then they might as well make as much cash out of it as possible- vanilla SSF4 has been out so long that prob virtually everyone who would buy it already has so I'd say the pirating effect would be minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

:eek::eek::eek:

About feckin time!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

They wont even need to port it from the 360, the Arcade version runs on the Taito Type 2X board, which is basically (by nowadays standards) an above average PC running Windows XP in an arcade cabinet.

Remember when the BlazBlue CS rom got leaked ?, there's a reason it worked fine on any PC with specs equal to or above the Taito Type 2X. There already is a PC port of SSF4:AE, you just cant download it off steam yet.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The link isn't working for me.

Anyway Ono and Capcom have been asked recently many times about a PC version.

They use to reply that they are not doing or it would be difficult to do due to piracy and limited development resources.

However recent answers are, we can't talk about that now and ask a little later like
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/27/ono-states-theres-news-pc-info-follow-later/

Also about the RE4 port being awful. Around that time all Capcom games where outscourced to a 3rd party developer and the ports where awful. Capcom have not be doing that in a while and handling them internally and there ports have been of a much higher standard recently (Devil May Cry 4, RE5, SF4, Lost Planet series)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Heres hoping anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I just played SF4 on a midrange PC.
    Solid 60 fps at 1680x1050 x2AA everything set to high. Make my copy of it on the 360 look crap in comparison. I really hope there is a new version on PC.

Advertisement