Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card transfer

Options
  • 03-03-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭

I have two credit cards with mbna and am keeping up all repayments but after receiving their changes to double minimum payments i am looking to transfer to another cc company with an intrest free period,just was wondering has anyone else switched here and what did they find to be good value and will other companys accept unemployed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I wouldn't be telling them i'm unemployed, selfemployed would sound better. EBS are doing 0% for 9mts there worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

MMM,just filled in their online form and who are they,? MBNA!,this should be an interesting phone call.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The EBS card is provided by MBNA - and you can't avail of balance transfers between MBNA products.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    The EBS card is provided by MBNA - and you can't avail of balance transfers between MBNA products.
    Yea,i also would have been back to their now double minimum repayments as well if they had let me transfer.Does anyone know why they done this and are the rest going to follow.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

What do you mean "rest going to follow?"

It's not new - MBNA have not allowed balance transfers between their own cards for as long as I remember, which makes sense as there is no benefit to them in doing it.

• Advertisement

BuffyBot wrote: »
    What do you mean "rest going to follow?"

It's not new - MBNA have not allowed balance transfers between their own cards for as long as I remember, which makes sense as there is no benefit to them in doing it.
    No,sorry my fault,meant this new minimum repayment calculation that mbna have just brought in which doubles your minimun repayments,was wondering the reason and are the others going to adopt this.

Advertisement