Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brain Freeze - Help!

Options
  • 03-03-2011 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Jesus.

I'm sure this has happened to most people but I've slowly groudn to an almost dead stop....throwing bricks essentially. Can't get motivated. Been writting loads of 'sketches' and ideas that I end up just letting slide......writers block possibly!

Anyoen out there suffer from these bouts of 'I can;t put a foor right' syndrome...whatya do? take a break? Leave the studio alone for a month!?!

Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

pot helps

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Jesus.

I'm sure this has happened to most people but I've slowly groudn to an almost dead stop....throwing bricks essentially. Can't get motivated. Been writting loads of 'sketches' and ideas that I end up just letting slide......writers block possibly!

Anyoen out there suffer from these bouts of 'I can;t put a foor right' syndrome...whatya do? take a break? Leave the studio alone for a month!?!

Help!

Sounds like a touch of burn out.

Personally I'd go and do something else entirely for a while.

On an "off day" I play a round of golf. I hate golf but it tends to remind me how much, and why, I love music.

If something like that doesn't do the trick then a longer break might be necessary.

Over xmas I was in India for 3 weeks. There was no musical instruments, no iPods etc. The only music was the local acapella religious style and some percussion. I've gotten 2 1/2 months of renewed vigour, and counting, from it.

Your passion take you back to it when you're ready.

Sitting there until something happens will almost certainly not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Been there !

Drop everything and change tack ..... or become bitter and disillusioned.

In my 25 + years of looking at lads in the music biz, thems basically the two options !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Push yourself harder and quit complaining :pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Work your way through it - it's just something you have to overcome.

Aim to complete and post a track. You have to get in the habit of completing things even they're not that inspiring. Sketching and doodling can be a terrible waste of time. Re-edit one of your old tracks.

The way to overcome writers block is simply to keep writing.

Get drunk and listen to cheesy radio.

• Advertisement
Advertisement