Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Mini dv quality problem

Options
  • 03-03-2011 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just wonder if any of you can help me out or if anything can be done. Have a mini dv tape with a audio and picture problem, My best guess is that the heads on the camera were dirty at time of recording.Schoolboy error but whats done is done. Audio is skipping and the picture is jumpy and looks like its skipping frames but I cant really see if frames are missing. Anybody how of anyone who can help.
    Any feedback or just to let me know im doomed would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Is this happening when you're playing strtaight off the tape or are you watching footage that's already been digitised into a computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Flyin Finn Motorsport

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Is this happening when you're playing strtaight off the tape or are you watching footage that's already been digitised into a computer?
    Played stright from the tape, same result when the same tape is been played in different camcorders. The problem started madway threw a tape and there was no sign of any problem when recording at that time. Time code would have reset while recording showing that there was a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

If it's happening straight off the tape, and on different camcorders, then it does seem like there's not much you can do about it. Try to digitise it and see what happens. You editing software might throw up some error that gives you a better idea as to what's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 davesneddon

Were you digitizing the tapes into the computer with the same camera you were recording on?

Advertisement