Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New LGBT Youth Group in Dublin!

Options
  • 03-03-2011 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey gach duine,

Foróige are setting up an LGBT youth group and are looking for some support.
    We need volunteers aged 18 or over to help set up a space where 12-17 year-olds can come, make friends, discuss issues and be themselves.
    If you're interested (or know anyone who might be), full training and support will be provided by Tallaght Youth Service.
    The club itself will be based in Tallaght but it will be open to all, and you don't have to be from the area to get involved.

If you want to know more, you can reply below or alternatively give either of the following numbers a call:
    Bronagh Connolly: 086-2865801
    Jean Lowry: 086-3884991

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Great to see something like this getting started in D24 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Luke!

Hey gach duine,

Foróige are setting up an LGBT youth group and are looking for some support.
    We need volunteers aged 18 or over to help set up a space where 12-17 year-olds can come, make friends, discuss issues and be themselves.
    If you're interested (or know anyone who might be), full training and support will be provided by Tallaght Youth Service.
    The club itself will be based in Tallaght but it will be open to all, and you don't have to be from the area to get involved.

If you want to know more, you can reply below or alternatively give either of the following numbers a call:
    Bronagh Connolly: 086-2865801
    Jean Lowry: 086-3884991

Thanks for reading!
    Hey where is the group and what days and stuff is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Luke! wrote: »
    Hey where is the group and what days and stuff is it on?

More details here

http://www.bettertogether.ie/content/uga-tallaght-youth-group

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭epiphony

Hey, I'm a 21 year old student who lives relatively close to tallaght. I'm not Gay/Bi myself but I would love to volunteer and help out if it's possible/needed?

A lot of my close friends and family members are Gay and I've seen them go through so very difficult struggles and would love to do anything I can to help out and try make a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

epiphony wrote: »
    Hey, I'm a 21 year old student who lives relatively close to tallaght. I'm not Gay/Bi myself but I would love to volunteer and help out if it's possible/needed?

A lot of my close friends and family members are Gay and I've seen them go through so very difficult struggles and would love to do anything I can to help out and try make a difference!

This thread is over a year old. Maybe contact the people named above.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement