Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Vegans in UCC - to form a new Society?

Options
  • 02-03-2011 11:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey Student Body!!
    Any vegans among ye?? Or vegetarians even? Or people interested in a cruelty-free lifestyle?

Would anyone be interested in forming a Vegan Society (with everybody welcome, of course!)? After all, it would be a way to let people know what veganism is all about!

What would we do in the society's meetings and get-togethers? Well, we would discuss what is involved in being a vegan - food, recipes, balanced diet, supplements, ethical and cruelty-free products, etc. We could have vegan-themed parties, coffee-mornings, with yummy food. We could have vegan bake sales for charity and stalls so that people could try our delicious baked goods and see how great-tasting vegan food really is. Maybe hold a few film screenings, put up a few posters, get the canteen to provide some vegan food, etc. I could go on, but I'd be here all night.

So, what do ye reckon?
    If interested, just send an email to: 'corkvegans@gmail.com'
    We need at least 4 people to start a new society - so get emailing now! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Hey Student Body!!
    Any vegans among ye?? Or vegetarians even? Or people interested in a cruelty-free lifestyle?

Would anyone be interested in forming a Vegan Society (with everybody welcome, of course!)? After all, it would be a way to let people know what veganism is all about!

What would we do in the society's meetings and get-togethers? Well, we would discuss what is involved in being a vegan - food, recipes, balanced diet, supplements, ethical and cruelty-free products, etc. We could have vegan-themed parties, coffee-mornings, with yummy food. We could have vegan bake sales for charity and stalls so that people could try our delicious baked goods and see how great-tasting vegan food really is. Maybe hold a few film screenings, put up a few posters, get the canteen to provide some vegan food, etc. I could go on, but I'd be here all night.

So, what do ye reckon? Any interest? :D

Yup. Vegetarian myself for about a year now. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

ilovemeat.gif

grilled_steak.jpg

meatloaf2.jpg

bacon_slices.jpg

kevin-bacon-flixster1.jpg

bigpot6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

^ While I highly disapprove of such blatant trolling, that did make me laugh!

Anyway OP: There was a thread a while back asking about this.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055556729

I'm not sure how far that particular attempt got, but the idea has been considered before.

Also, I was gonna suggest you start a thread in the Vegan & Vegetarian forum (because some students don't read this one) but I see you've already done that, so never mind. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Serendipity99

Hi Knifewrench,
    Thanks for the info.
    btw - Kevin Bacon is a VEGETARIAN, and Meatloaf has been rumoured to be a vegetarian also.

So there you go!

;)

Hi Knifewrench,
    Thanks for the info.
    btw - Kevin Bacon is a VEGETARIAN, and Meatloaf has been rumoured to be a vegetarian also.

So there you go!

;)

i gave kevin bacon a ring and he told me that he loves meat, and i was skyping meatloaf yesterday but i couldnt understand a word he was saying cos he had a 1/2 pounder burger in his gob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Picture-11472.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

pbowenroe wrote: »

kevin-bacon-flixster1.jpg

Absolutely hilarious

Absolutely hilarious

Not_Sure_if_Serious-(n1292338719834).jpg

Advertisement