Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland beating England - what were the odds before it started?

Options
  • 02-03-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hello cricket fans! n:D

Anybody know the odds of Ireland to win before this game started?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

10/1 on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

399/1 when the fifth wicket went apparently somebody had €25 and bagged €10k according to RTE news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

25/1 Betfair at start after England won toss. 5 million euro traded on england at this price or below. Ireland matched at 400 for 25 and lots more from 100 up

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JonnyMacM

those odds seem pretty poor considering Ireland is ranked 10th in the world and england is only 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

When Porterfield was out first ball I put 10 Euro on Ireland to win at 33/1 (on Paddy Powers). I probably should have shopped around with some other companies, but I can't really complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Well I had ten euro on Ireland at 8/1, a win is a win but I had Joyce for top batsman but I'll let Kev get it this time :D...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

JonnyMacM wrote: »
    those odds seem pretty poor considering Ireland is ranked 10th in the world and england is only 5th

The rankings aren't linear, the top 6 teams are all pretty even but after that the quality starts to drop dramatically. Its more like if you ranked the hurling teams in Ireland, today would have been like Dublin beating Cork in the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The rankings aren't linear, the top 6 teams are all pretty even but after that the quality starts to drop dramatically. Its more like if you ranked the hurling teams in Ireland, today would have been like Dublin beating Cork in the championship.

More like Laois beating Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭antogz1979

more like England beating Kilkenny in Hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I got 14/1.

400/1 was a crazy price. Somebody "buying money" had a bad day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement