Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to calculate Transmission Line Shunt Charging [B]

Options
  • 02-03-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I currently working on a project on HV transmission lines and as part of the analysis using PowerWorld Simulator programme, a transmision line parameter is required called Shunt Charging B.

I have looked through various books and website for this and I cannot find a definitive answer for this.
    (Electrical Power Dist & Trans-by Faulkenberry + Power System Analysis & Design-by Glover + etc etc)

Would anyone have any ideas?

I origionally though that it was the imaginery part (j) of admittance - Susceptance, but using data from Eirgrid website on existing transmission lines it doesnt work out mathematically.
    Eirgrid defines 3 impedance parameters of transmission cables R, X and B in p.u. form...

Thanks in advance
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

turns out to simply be the capacitacne of the transmission line....

Advertisement