Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Roscommon Town

Options
  • 02-03-2011 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi There :)

I'v been lucky enough to secure a job in Roscommon, but since I'm from Tipperary it means a big move for me :) Will be working in the town so any one got ideas for finding accomadation? I have tried daft but it only has 6 houses for share and some are out dated :( also whats the best way to meet people I'm 24 and usualy fairly social so will be looking to have a good time and make the best of this oppertuinity.

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I had a quick look on daft and found these two the first one is newly listed the second is older(200+days) but both are within 5 min walk of main street.
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1018639
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=936301

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Welcome to Ros!!!

Do you play any sports? Best thing might be to take up a hobby or pastime.
    Not much happening during the week unless you are in a club

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Found my house today will do for a while anyway.. Ya I used to play Soccer and Tag Rugby.. so will be on the look out for a sport to play to get to know people.. although the fitness has to be worked on ha whats the night life like? any other advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

well you have the choice of two gyms, two pools.
    http://www.rosactive.org/Directory.asp is a list of all the clubs/sports in the area

the cinema is meant to be up and running soon (I'll believe it when i see it)
    night life can be repeatative though.
    nightclub is ok.
    some good pubs - Regans, Rooster, Kellys, JJs.
    athlone, galway and carrick are only up the road!
    theatre is there if you're into that.
    good restaurants - gleesons, jackson's, pepper mill, Yew tree out the road in Lecarrow, chinese
    you're spolied for supermarkets - tesco, super valu, dunnes, aldi, lidl, super savers (highly recommended)

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    well you have the choice of two gyms, two pools.
    http://www.rosactive.org/Directory.asp is a list of all the clubs/sports in the area

the cinema is meant to be up and running soon (I'll believe it when i see it)
    night life can be repeatative though.
    nightclub is ok.
    some good pubs - Regans, Rooster, Kellys, JJs.
    athlone, galway and carrick are only up the road!
    theatre is there if you're into that.
    good restaurants - gleesons, jackson's, pepper mill, Yew tree out the road in Lecarrow, chinese
    you're spolied for supermarkets - tesco, super valu, dunnes, aldi, lidl, super savers (highly recommended)

Thanks for all that.. I also noticed a KFC happy days.. has more than Nenagh already lol :)

iv contated some of the clubs looks like that will be the way to go to make new friends.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

LOL yes lol Roscommon is a great lol you will have loads of lol in town . Congratulations on getting a job lol . Don't forget your bag of turf lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

shindig-jp wrote: »
    LOL yes lol Roscommon is a great lol you will have loads of lol in town . Congratulations on getting a job lol . Don't forget your bag of turf lol

.........................what?!?!?

shindig-jp wrote: »

mmm... thanks am up here and getting settled now... no turf though lol

Advertisement