Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AT&T iPad 2?

Options
  • 02-03-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

So, ipad 2 is announced, released 25th of march here. Does anyone know if the AT&T GSM model is the same as the european ipad? I'm impatient :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

acous wrote: »
    So, ipad 2 is announced, released 25th of march here. Does anyone know if the AT&T GSM model is the same as the european ipad? I'm impatient :)
    Yep, the AT&T one uses the same GSM technology as most European carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Still meh.

It has just about pared with other announced android tablets (some will actually make it to sale) and is better in design/battery/ease of use but is worse in terms of io and functionality and the os.

So in 3-4 months they will have caught up with battery and made several more advantages. Gingerbread is starting to look better and become better to use so this should be a better offering.

Still meh.

It has just about pared with other announced android tablets (some will actually make it to sale) and is better in design/battery/ease of use but is worse in terms of io and functionality and the os.

So in 3-4 months they will have caught up with battery and made several more advantages. Gingerbread is starting to look better and become better to use so this should be a better offering.
    All of which answers the question asked how exactly?

You
    answered
    the
    question.

No?

You
    answered
    the
    question.

No?
    So your whole purpose of posting was?

To add nothing?
    To take the thread off topic?

• Advertisement

Instead of starting a new ipad2 topic. But talking of derailing a thread and pointless posts you achieved that quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

Lads, I forgive ye, don't worry about it :)

I was gonna reply to conor, but I closed the window by accident. Needless to say I don't see android catching up with apple any time soon, I'd nearly be willing to bet everything I have on apple keeping the majority of the market for at least a year. If you feel you can convince me otherwise, with specifics, feel free!

http://lifehacker.com/#!5775388/the-current-crop-of-tablets-fairly-compared-the-ipad-2-xoom-and-galaxy-tab

About tablets.

It will take a while considering there was more ipad sales than all previous tablets. But it will happen its only a matter of when like with smartphones, and pcs back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

Specifications mean very little in tablet-land. What matters is real world use. How long does it take to turn on? How long to open an app? What kind of apps are available and how good are they? How long will the battery last? Basically, how easy is it to pick the thing up and get to the stuff you want?

You say it will be like smartphones, but apple still makes more profit in that market than all the other smartphone makers combined... and that's ignoring the 30% they get from each and every app, book, song and movie sold in their ecosystem.

Apple were very late into the phone market. In tablets, they basically created the market. They probably have well over 95% of tablet profits to date. That means that they have way more money for R&D, exclusivity agreements, they get the biggest bulk discounts, most money for advertising, most developer interest in the platform.

You also say it will be like PCs. For the sake of competition I hope you're wrong. Windows got an early advantage in that sector, and they're still the dominant player 20 years later.

Oh I know all that - I have spent much more for two macbooks and several ipods than the base specs would warrant and they are worth every penny.

But for most people they see the better specs and buy them.
    Certain specs are important like SD slots, usb and hdmi.

I know Apple make more money but I think there will be a point when they will not, maybe they still might make more than HTC or Motorolla or any of them alone but Android powered phones (and Palm and wp7) will eventually make more money because of the sheer volume but it wont be to one company.

Its much more open than pcs as there is more os'es and as many manufacturers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement