Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Tullow

Options
  • 02-03-2011 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Everyone!

I've just moved to Tullow and I really don't know the area.Could anyone give me any advice on the local nightlife (if any?). Any decent pubs?
    Is there anywhere of interest to visit at weekends? Also I have a mountain bike and I'm keen to do some cycling. Know anywhere I could go?
    And the final question is which mobile network is best for mobile broadband in Tullow. I'm using Meteor at the moment which is a bit slow. Could O2 be better?

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

Depending on age there isnt a great nite life in Tullow cause there are no nightclubs, Carlow has Foundry, Temple and a lot of late bars. However there are a lot of good pubs in town such as the Tara, Daltons etc.

I usually cycle mountain bike on the roads of Carlow, it feels like offroading most of the time, the state they are in!! Cant be of anymore help re good trails but it can be a pretty scenic area, just go explore.

As for mobile broadband, im not sure bout Meteor but avoid O2 like the plague. Bro has it and its terrible. I use 3 Broadband and it decent most of the time. It does have it moments when signal may go for an evening which gets frustrating.

Welcome to the area:cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What kind of things interest you-do you mean historical sites etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

robopads wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

I've just moved to Tullow and I really don't know the area.Could anyone give me any advice on the local nightlife (if any?). Any decent pubs?
    Is there anywhere of interest to visit at weekends? Also I have a mountain bike and I'm keen to do some cycling. Know anywhere I could go?
    And the final question is which mobile network is best for mobile broadband in Tullow. I'm using Meteor at the moment which is a bit slow. Could O2 be better?

Any help would be much appreciated

Personally, I like John Dalton's.
    There's 3 bars in there. Front bar, middle bar and Lounge at the back.
    Its small enough but generally has a nice crowd in there. The older folk generally drink out front and the younger crown at the back but you'll find a mixture of ages in all the bars.

The Tara Arms would be my 2nd choice. Bigger bar which has live music at the weekends.
    You also have a choice of 3 bars here. The Bar, the Lounge and then there's another bar out back called (the spelling is probably wrong) "Miss Leavies".

3rd choice, front of the Irish bar but depending on your age, you might prefer the back of the Irish.

Places to visit at the weekends depends on your interest, but I'd say most, if not all will involve travelling by car. Do you have a car?

Are you looking to do on road or off road cycling?

Don't know about mobile broadband, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Head for mount Leinster on the bike. Some good trails forests up around there.
    This is a good trail near the wind farms
    http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/?id=53&rec_site=135

Also head for Ardattin and Clonegal for those gentle rambles on the bike.

Areas of interest depends on what you are looking for but good place for all would be Ducketts Grove and Altamont Gardens..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Logs Byrne

Tara Arms is a nice Pub or John Daltons

• Advertisement
Advertisement