Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alonso whinging already

Options
  • 02-03-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭

Would he ever STFU and get on with what he overpaid to do :P
    Fernando Alonso has hit out against this year’s Pirelli tyres, which are designed to degrade quicker than the Bridgestone products of previous seasons and therefore cause the need for more pit-stops in Grands Prix

Alonso against more pit stops in races/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Something needed to be done with the tyres compared to last year anyway. In many instances, the drivers only took a pit stop because they were bound to take it and not anything to do with a need for fresh tyres. Thats not what F1 should be about in my opinion.
    Alonso can be a dick and his attitude at the end of the title decider last year was very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Title of thread should be changed to "Drivers whinging already".

As much as you would like to single out Alonso, all the drivers have said the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

mickdw wrote: »
    Something needed to be done with the tyres compared to last year anyway. In many instances, the drivers only took a pit stop because they were bound to take it and not anything to do with a need for fresh tyres. Thats not what F1 should be about in my opinion.
    Alonso can be a dick and his attitude at the end of the title decider last year was very poor.

Last years Bridgestones were bulletproof. There were many races where they could have lasted the full distance,Vettel proving it by pitting on the penultimate lap at Monza. It made a mockery of the regulations and badly needed to change. I was against the ditching of the fuel stop(still am) and the mandatory change for tyres became pointless. I hope the Pirellis degrade in race trim like they've being showing in testing. It'll add a new dimension to the racing and show the great drivers(not the good drivers with great cars) as they'll have to use all their skill to manage their tyres.

Should be interesting to see how Button and Hamilton get on,they've very different styles and Button is excellent with tyre management.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Gintonious wrote: »
    Title of thread should be changed to "Drivers whinging already".

As much as you would like to single out Alonso, all the drivers have said the same.

Alonso fan I assume?:rolleyes:

I only saw in the topic I linked to Alonso's name being mentioned.. Did you see more?:confused:

vectra wrote: »
    Alonso fan I assume?:rolleyes:

I only saw in the topic I linked to Alonso's name being mentioned.. Did you see more?:confused:

Im a Ferrari fan so in a way yes.

Lots of drivers are complaining about the degradation, Hamilton especially. If you look back at other sites with comments from drivers at the tests, they all say the same thing.

I know you dont like Alonso because he took Kimis seat, dont worry, its ok.

• Advertisement

I know you dont like Alonso because he took Kimis seat, dont worry, its ok.

Actually if you go back through my posts you will notice I never did like Alonso.. always thought he was a dummy spitting brat. Nothing at all to do with Kimi.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Let the drivers whinge all they want. I think the fact that the perelli's degrade quicker (especially in the rear tyres) will add an element of freshness to the sport and keep it exciting. Teams and drivers will have to better manage their pitstops and this may lead us to seeing some of the lesser teams getting a chance to actually be that bit more competitive. We may start to see some more battles between the smaller teams and the bigger name teams because of this.

vectra wrote: »
    Actually if you go back through my posts you will notice I never did like Alonso.. always thought he was a dummy spitting brat. Nothing at all to do with Kimi.;)

Ah c'mon, Alonso taking Kimis seat has not mad it worse or anything?

Also find it funny that you mention "overpaid" in you original post and you are a Kimi fan, made me smile.

Ah c'mon, Alonso taking Kimis seat has not mad it worse or anything?

Also find it funny that you mention "overpaid" in you original post and you are a Kimi fan, made me smile.

Supported Kimi when he raced.
    Now he is rallying I support good old Schumi ;)

Lets talk present issues.. Not history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Alonso = knob-end! End of!!!!! :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement