Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experienced guitarist/keyboard player available

Options
  • 02-03-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

So I'm looking to get into a working band ideally.

I'm 21yrs old, guitar would be my main instrument but I consider myself equally proficient at the keyboards.

I can adapt to various styles with relative ease but I'm mainly a blues and classic rock player, with my guitar playing being very hendrix influenced.

Below are a few rough recordings of my guitar and keyboard playing:

http://soundcloud.com/owenod9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

bump..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sean michael laming

where you based man?

where you based man?
    Dun Laoghaire, Dublin

bump.

bump

• Advertisement

bum..

p.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭blacon

How's things, we're looking for a keyboard player in the Dublin area, we're based on the North side though, would you be able to get there regularly?

We're relatively new and aren't currently earning cash, but we're all fairly experianced at what we do and extremely enthusiastic. Genre - electro rock / alt. rock.

blacon,

Sorry man, I just really need to get right into an already established/working band. Best of luck to you.

bump

Also - Will gladly take on any studio work available. PM me for that.

Below is a new recording of my playing. It's based on Otis Redding's version of Rock Me Baby. Both my guitar and keys playing in this.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/881154800fc6741b/

And if a mod could kindly add the above link into my opening post (under keyboard) it would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hendrix89 wrote: »
    And if a mod could kindly add the above link into my opening post (under keyboard) it would be much appreciated.
    I've added that for you now. For future reference though (and not just on this forum) if you need something done it's much handier if you send a PM to a forum moderator with the details of what you want done. It's much less likely to be missed then :).

Malice wrote: »
    I've added that for you now. For future reference though (and not just on this forum) if you need something done it's much handier if you send a PM to a forum moderator with the details of what you want done. It's much less likely to be missed then :).
    Okay sure thing, will do that in the future. Thanks for adding in the link for me.

bump

bump

bump

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Pawsome54

Hi there,

My band need a second guitarist/vocalist asap. Guitarist must play electric and acoustic guitars, rhythm and lead all to a good standard, and be a competent singer too for harmony backing vocals, or even shared lead vocals.

Influences include vintage bands like the Eagles,The Beatles, Oasis, Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher, Queen, The Stones, Hendrix etc.

Ideally we want someone with a smooth bluesy guitar focus as opposed to a shredder.

We're also looking for a piano/keyboard/organ player to complete the line-up, so if anyone is interested in that let me know.

Also, we're based in south-west Dublin and are looking for someone aged 18-25.

PM me or E-mail me at paulmorrin1@live.com

Thanks

Bump.. Available again.

Here's a new sample. It's an SRV style improv-
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/88885324edf64ba0/

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

what studio/live experience have you got?

iamnothim wrote: »
    what studio/live experience have you got?
    Hi.

I have plenty of live experience. Currently sitting in with various pub bands on a weekly basis, but have been playing live in venues of varying size since I was about 14/15.

As for studio stuff, well I studied sound engineering in college so I do have experience in that area also.

• Advertisement

hmm, just some friendly advice so, dont take it the wrong way, but... if you are serious about getting out there as a session musician, i wouldnt be so quick to say no to playing for free. if you want to progress beyond playing in pubs/weddings, then you cant expect to walk straight into paid gigs/established bands. i would say, play with everyone and anyone and get some real experience that way. then the established bands will come to you...

iamnothim wrote: »
    hmm, just some friendly advice so, dont take it the wrong way, but... if you are serious about getting out there as a session musician, i wouldnt be so quick to say no to playing for free. if you want to progress beyond playing in pubs/weddings, then you cant expect to walk straight into paid gigs/established bands. i would say, play with everyone and anyone and get some real experience that way. then the established bands will come to you...
    Look man, I appreciate your advice but you're making a lot of assumptions there. I have more experience than you think. And I have been playing live for fun/experience for over 6yrs. Regardless though.. I never said anywhere that I wasn't open to what you suggested either.

you're right, i was being a bit presumptious.

Anyway, my whole point here was that if you PM me your number, i might be able to pass some people your way.

I've been playing professionally for around about the same time and I'm constantly asked for recommendations for keyboard players (we're a rare breed) or even looking for deps for gigs i cant do myself. I play with a few fairly established Irish bands, gigging in all the big venues/festivals/gigs abroad etc.

What kinda gear setup have you? also, do you drive?

^ I've PM'd you mate.

bump

bump..

myspace link added to first post. Some new recordings within.

bump

bump..

Advertisement